Alignment: Tow OUT to help Steering on FWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the car back. The service writer said the alignment printer is broken and he couldnt give me a printout
frown.gif
Also, they wouldnt bleed the brakes or clutch since "toyota doesnt recommend it" ;( I countered with, "then having the brake pedal go to the floor and crashing is OK?" So they brought the car back in and messed around with it. Clutch is still not disengaging fully( grind 1st and 4th when HOT), and they adjusted up the rear brakes so far they are dragging and I can barely get the E-brake engaged on the first click since its so tight :< The writer said they put their best tech on it
wink.gif
So much for service at our premier Toyota Service center. No wonder the cars are crashing left and right ;(

Toyota is funny like that. I tried to buy a fuel filter for my 200k tundra, they tried to convince me that it never needed to be replaced. I finally ordered it online.

your poor clutch disengagement could be worn clutch if not a bleeding issue. bleeding a clutch...gravity is on your side.... open the bleeder, let it drip into a pan. keep topping off the reservoir. if you want, put a hose on it and pump the pedal a few times. don't pump the master cylinder dry. easier than brakes.

not impressed with dealer service. I've seen lots of toyota clutch cylinders, miata clutch cylinders, go bad, personally. they should be willing to accept your $ for preventative maint, unless they are hoping for a bigger repair soon...

M

I asked them to bleed it and they refused. I was PAYING them to bleed it and they wouldnt. I think since the car is near the end of the B-B 3/36 warranty (35470 miles) and they work on it they will be responsible for the performance of this item for 6 months- year? A service Guarantee?

Arco - I am sorry to hear that. You are trying to play ball, and they are inept. Absurd is a better word.

No print out? You can still ask for specs that were observed. Tell them to put it back on and let you see the #s.
You paid for it.
Use more tact than I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back