Alcohol Detection Sensors

In many other countries, you are presumed guilty. In these countries, when charged with a crime, you must prove your innocence, or you’re convicted. Of course, we derive our laws from many of these countries, who used to hang people, or behead them, and had a monarch. We rejected, with force, many of those legal constructs.

The presumption of innocence is one of the fundamental differences between us, and those other nations.

Every time I hear someone say “we have to do something to improve safety“ and they are willing to give up what fundamentally distinguishes us from those other nations, when they’re willing to give up the fundamental liberty for which we fought, I will disagree.

It was once said that “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

And yet I hear the argument to give up liberty almost every day. It doesn’t matter the topic, it is a daily plea.

I will never agree to that.

When I fly to those countries, I have to comply with their laws, and I have to submit to a breathalyzer test just to go to work. “It’s for safety”.

Frankly, if that were true, they would have a breathalyzer outside every hospital, to test every medical professional, and they would have a breathalyzer outside every court room, to test every juror, judge, and attorney.

If that were true, we would certainly have a breathalyzer outside every legislative, executive, and administrative government office, because we wouldn’t want to diminish safety through their errors.

But an entire profession, and I’m talking about Medicine, is responsible for five times the deaths that vehicular traffic causes. We don’t force them to prove their innocence when they go to work.

Further, we don’t force those who are responsible for making the decisions that guide our nation, our states, and our municipalities to prove their innocence when they go to work.

We don’t force teachers to prove their innocence when they’re charged with teaching our children.

But it’s OK to force every day citizens to prove their innocence to operate their motor vehicle?

Just because it’s in the name of ”safety”?

Old Ben Franklin was right…
This post pretty much nails it IMO.

The erosion of our fundamental rights in the name of safety is real, but the chunks that are taken are small and seem insignificant. Well, eventually they will add up to a very substantial amount.

They dog whistle of "If you aren't doing anything wrong why should you care.." is the classic call of the fascist who knows once they have the control they can make ANYTHING they want illegal on a whim and all the sheep who ok'd the surveillance when it didn't affect them can't do anything to stop being oppressed under it.
Precisely.

The article skips over any facts and leaves out potential. It ain’t happening……
It's a done deal. This was signed into LAW in 2021. The technology is required to start showing up in new vehicles by 2026.

1686042487681.jpg

Reminds me of Kindergarten, the entire class had to put their heads down on their desk and be quiet due to one of two children misbehaving. As someone who doesnt drink I find this especially offensive. This is akin to the BS "checkpoints" that some states allow. Theres a bar a few miles down the road from my house, during the summer every Friday and Saturday night around 2:15AM I can hear people ripping down the road (rural area) It would be like shooting fish in a barrel to catch them but the local PD doesnt have the resources.

I can hear people ripping down the road (rural area) It would be like shooting fish in a barrel to catch them but the local PD doesnt have the resources.
"Doesn't have the resources" is really a matter of priorities. I see the same thing locally. I have contacted them about various things over the years, and that is their standard reply no matter what you are dealing with. OTOH they seem to have plenty of time and equipment to play combat with their SWAT gear.

Back