1999 Camaro - Couldn't resist.

I spied this Camaro advertised in a parking lot on my commuting route last week.
After a couple of days of passing it by I weakened and stopped to take a look.
V6, 5-speed manual. New tires, brakes, and alternator. $2800.
The next day I stopped in and test-drove it. Everything worked. Dammit.
Engine ran good, no bad noises. Drove straight. Transmission shifted well. Stopped straight. HVAC worked. Rear defog worked.
The owner was nice, and said the engine had been replaced with one having 60k miles.
Car had 192k miles, but considering it's 24 years old, that's an average of 8k miles a year.
Oh well, since I had room in my shop for another car, I went for it.

99Camaro.jpg

It can share commuting duties with my Buick.
I drove it to work twice this week and am really starting to enjoy it. It's not nearly as fast as my Z28 and doesn't handle as well.
But since I've driven 4th-Gen Camaros for 24 years, it feels like home.

Lost me at 6cyl!! Although I really did appreciate the 3800 series engines in 2 previous family Buick's. Enjoy it!

Not a dig on you, but back in the day when these where just used cars, few dealers wanted them so they sold pretty cheap. No guy would want a V6 Camaro and no woman would want a stick. It would be a hard sell.

way too much negativity here. i have a really nice 65 gto, a decent 97 tj, and a ragged-out 72 chevy truck. know which one is the most fun to drive? the 72. know why? i do not worry about it AT ALL.

the OP picked up a fun little stick shift car in great shape for dirt cheap. he will have more fun with that car than most nimrods will with a new hellcat sitting in their garage and never getting driven.

have fun my man!!

Not a dig on you, but back in the day when these where just used cars, few dealers wanted them so they sold pretty cheap. No guy would want a V6 Camaro and no woman would want a stick. It would be a hard sell.

I have a V6 Camaro and last time I checked I was still a man. :)
thing is 325hp... more power and far faster than any of my previous Camaro's that had a V8.

bumblebee.jpg

I spied this Camaro advertised in a parking lot on my commuting route last week.
Engine ran good, no bad noises. Drove straight. Transmission shifted well. Stopped straight. HVAC worked. Rear defog worked.
The owner was nice, and said the engine had been replaced with one having 60k miles.
Car had 192k miles, but considering it's 24 years old, that's an average of 8k miles a year.

View attachment 189146
I drove it to work twice this week and am really starting to enjoy it. It's not nearly as fast as my Z28 and doesn't handle as well.

not the best winter car for Michigan but it doesn't look bad for that age in road salt country.

way too much negativity here. i have a really nice 65 gto, a decent 97 tj, and a ragged-out 72 chevy truck. know which one is the most fun to drive? the 72. know why? i do not worry about it AT ALL.

the OP picked up a fun little stick shift car in great shape for dirt cheap. he will have more fun with that car than most nimrods will with a new hellcat sitting in their garage and never getting driven.

have fun my man!!
Yes. I definitely know the power of V8 Camaros and Corvettes, but that was not my purpose with this car. I can drive it relatively hard, and nobody notices. It isn't hard to keep up with Detroit metro commuting traffic in it. This car is a pleasure to drive, mostly because the engine and trans work well together. The 5-speed shifts smoothly, and the pedals are set up for rev-match downshifts.

Oh, and it runs on regular and gets 30 mpg.

have fun my man!!
My father had a 65 gto when he was younger. He liked buying and selling them and owned many that would be considered very desirable today. But that 65 gto is the only one he really wished he still had, and the prices on them are crazy.

View attachment 189146
Everything works ! not winter driven i would have grabbed that in a heart beat.
you can't get a rotted out **** box at that price

Back