Just couldn't resist...

Spring is on the way, and each year my fancy turns to road trips and track days.
I've been out of the track day habit for six years, mostly because of lack of money.
And my old track cars have become unsuitable:
The Camaro, stout-hearted steed that it is, has been retired from track use because of underbody rust and high oil consumption.
The Z51 Corvette, because I've gotten too large to fit in the driver seat anymore, and it's become an uncomfortable process for me to get in and out of the tight cockpit with the rollcage in the way.
So what's a middle-aged track-hound to do?
The money situation has gotten better over the last two years, so why not spend it on a better car; one that fits me and won't require a lot of maintenance to keep it track-worthy.

1800.jpg

2013 Corvette Grand Sport. With all the go-fast parts of the Z16 package; heavy-duty cooling, 6-piston front brakes, and dry-sump oil system.
11,000 miles.
Midnight blue metallic. 6-speed manual transmission. Hasn't been molested with foolish mods.
All of my track-day buddies will be jealous. (Not really. They have fast cars, too.)
There shouldn't be much for me to do to get it on track, probably just get fresh hi-temp brake fluid in it.
Looking to get on track in April, probably at Waterford Hills, mostly to blow the cobwebs out.
I won't try to be as fast as I used to think I was. Just have a good time, carve some turns, and drive it home.

Lose weight learn about a healthy diet and excercise, go from there. If you can't afford to run the cars ,,,sell them.

Nice. This is why we shouldn't diss garage queens, someday someone will buy it and use as intended. Just don't end up on any YouTube videos! Tires good?
The dealer put new ones on. They're not soft-compound track tires, but pretty good. Hankook Ventus

Back