After 95K can I switch back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if after 95K on my 2000 Chevy Blazer (4.3 vortec V6) I can switch from synthetic (AMSOIL) back to regular oil? I just don't see spending the $$ on it since I will be getting rid of it soon and I only put about 40 miles per day on it now. I am hoping there will be no detrimental affect to my engine!! what do ya think??

How many more miles will you be keeping this truck for? Why even change the oil at all? As you know you can go one year or 25k on Amsoil in a lot of cases, so why not just keep the oil in there if it still falls within these guidelines? Then you don't have to spend any $$$ at all.

The big question is---Was it worth spending the money on Amsoil on a truck you only kept for 3.5-4 years and only put 95K miles on?
What I mean is the next owner is the one who will reap the benefits and not you!
This is why so many people who trade or sell their cars after a few years can't see spending money on expensive maintenance, and why used cars are so dicey.
I would want to buy a used vehicle from a guy like you!

Even for a car you are only keeping for a year or two, Amsoil is more cost effective. You only have to change it once a year and you'll generally see a small improvement in fuel efficiency, particularly with the Series 2000 oils ....

I'd honestly use Amsoil even in a leased vehicle, to get the improved performance and save on fuel ....

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

Well I have a 2000 4x4 s-doot Blazer for sale!!! I guess from what I here I should probably just keep the Amsoil in it. It's just that my 100k extended warranty is about to run out and if anything ever goes seriously wrong, I don't wanna be slamming so much $$$ into it.

How much is a new, or new used, vehicle going to cost you? Yes, if you keep your truck, you'll have to pay for repairs. But the question is will the repair costs be greater than the costs of a replacing vehicle.

Now if the truck tends to unreliability, this may lean toward replacement. Also, if you're just sick of the **** thing and want a new one, that's fine. But on a financial basis, you may be better off keeping the truck, especially since it sounds like you were pretty diligent about maintenance.

quote:

Originally posted by reaper71:
Well I have a 2000 4x4 s-doot Blazer for sale!!! I guess from what I here I should probably just keep the Amsoil in it. It's just that my 100k extended warranty is about to run out and if anything ever goes seriously wrong, I don't wanna be slamming so much $$$ into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back