Advance Auto Total Grip Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come there is not too much talk about the Advance Total Grip Filter. I see tons of SuperTech posts but not a whole lot about Advanced. I have read that it is just a Purolater Premium Plus painted with Advances Total Grip finish. Sounds like this is a much better value then the Supertech unless I am missing something. Also, I am thinking of trying the Advanced Filter for OCI of 5000-6000 miles. Do you think the Total Grip filter can handle those OCI intervals? thanks for the help.

I have about 12 of them in my room. I won't be able to use them for another year or two. From what I can see, they are built similar to the PureOne I cut up a few days ago. The number of pleats was similar to the PureOne, although I didn't count them. I think that it would be safe to run a 5K mile OCI on them, but I haven't, so I can't say it would work out. If I had one used I would have photos for you.

That is what I plan to do when off my extended warranty. Between 3 vehicles, I purchased about 12 of them when they were half priced. Now that Champion is switching many filters over to the new Ecore design, I am seeing many people questioning the quality of the SuperTech filters.

I have used the PF-47 version of the TotalGrip filter.

I cut it open after use.

I still have it.It seems to be very well made with metal endcaps.

It has quite a bit of filter material and seems to be glued well with quite even pleats.

I had no problems with it and would not worry about using one again.

They are made by Arvin/Meritor,the owners of Purolator,so it is made by Purolator.

They seem to be a better choice now that Champ seems to be cutting corners in some of their filters.

quote:

Originally posted by Shaman:
I have about 12 of them in my room. I won't be able to use them for another year or two. From what I can see, they are built similar to the PureOne I cut up a few days ago. The number of pleats was similar to the PureOne, although I didn't count them. I think that it would be safe to run a 5K mile OCI on them, but I haven't, so I can't say it would work out. If I had one used I would have photos for you.

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
I also have 12 of them in my room and 2 valucraft filters

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:

quote:

Originally posted by Shaman:

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
I also have 12 of them in my room and 2 valucraft filters

Would they happen to be AA7317's. Bought 10 because the car I was looking at and my bike both run the filter.

I bought a couple of them when they were on sale a few months ago. Recently bought a Pure One from a promotion for my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and compared the two and it's the same exact filter. Will load up next time they go on sale.

quote:

Originally posted by edvanp:
Recently bought a Pure One from a promotion for my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and compared the two and it's the same exact filter.

Not exactly. In fact, not even close.

The Advance Auto Total Grip is basically a Purolator Premium Plus, not a Pure One. If you look at the ADBV, you'll see the first obvious difference between the two filters.

Still, they're good filters, particularly for the money!

also the main difference between the pure one and premium plus is the media.. one is susposed to be regular celluose.. one "enhanced"?

For my 2cents.. I like the pure one. out for 2$ to get a lesser filter... On the other hand, I cant justify the extra 5$ for the M1 filter BECAUSE the pure one is pretty nice.
Rand

I have used both Advanced auto's and purolator and the first one was same, toyota corolla, and today I installed Advanced auto's on my festiva and there is a difference between the new one and the purolator. The purolator is fatter with round holes and the new one is skinner and longer and had square holes. Inards looked the same though. I wouldn't hesitate to use Advanced's at the 6k oci as I did with the purolator. Eric

Sorry, what I meant was that I was certain that the filter was made by the company that makes Purolator filters. I didn't mean to imply it was a Pure1 and agree, it's probably the same as their base model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back