Accidentally separated windshield from the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, I have a new SQ setup in the TL. Subbass quality is amazing on any type of music. As a side effect the new enclosure produces an 8db gain over the old sealed box throughout the range. I love quality, not loudness but I had to test it once just to see what it would do. The end result was the rubber between the windshield and body sticking out and more windnoise. I'm not sure if it's just the rubber or if the glue holding the windshield to the car is broken. I don't really want to test it with water.

Is the correct way to fix this to pull the entire windshield out and redo it or can I get away with using whatever sealant they use when installing the windshield over the blown out area?

lol, and i was thinking you twisted the frame with 620lb-ft of torque.

while i have no experienced with popped windshields...i'd be willing to bet you'll have to remove and replace that cracked adhesive.

Pull alongside another vehicle playing the same content, but facing the other direction, or the same direction but out of phase...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Pull alongside another vehicle playing the same content, but facing the other direction, or the same direction but out of phase...
grin2.gif

LOL, actually with the effects of that many db on the occupants brain & hearing...will you ever notice the wind noise anyway?
crackmeup2.gif
Most of the guys I see with those big boom boxes in their cars don't look like they are at the top of the IQ chain anyway......
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
grin2.gif

LOL, actually with the effects of that many db on the occupants brain & hearing...will you ever notice the wind noise anyway?
crackmeup2.gif
Most of the guys I see with those big boom boxes in their cars don't look like they are at the top of the IQ chain anyway......
LOL.gif

Like the ones with the wheels and tires that are about the size my walk behind mower has?

grin2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
LOL.gif

Nice assumption **** but I have an SQ setup and just like anyone else you want to see what it can do once in a while. No different than running the car at the track once in a while even though you drive it very easy 99% of the time on the street. If I just wanted a loud hear me around the block system I could've saved $3,000 in the sub bass alone. Speaking of IQ, aren't you the one that drives a Corolla?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
grin2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
LOL.gif

Like the ones with the wheels and tires that are about the size my walk behind mower has?

Yes, that's my TL that's going out to Willow next month...

Speaking of *****, why are you so defensive of the materialistic items you own? Do they call you Tiny?

In all seriousness, I think PT1 was doing this thing you might not be familiar with. It's called having a laugh. Joking. Having some fun.

You might want to try it sometime!

As for your windshield, the rubber seal around a windshield is basically cosmetic. It doesn't really seal anything. If you can hear wind noise, the adhesive that holds the windshield in place has been compromised. The best thing to do is have the windshield replaced.

11.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Speaking of *****, why are you so defensive of the materialistic items you own? Do they call you Tiny?

In all seriousness, I think PT1 was doing this thing you might not be familiar with. It's called having a laugh. Joking. Having some fun.

You might want to try it sometime!

As for your windshield, the rubber seal around a windshield is basically cosmetic. It doesn't really seal anything. If you can hear wind noise, the adhesive that holds the windshield in place has been compromised. The best thing to do is have the windshield replaced.

11.gif

Apparently you're not aware of our previous encounters so keep your 02 to yourself. No need for a cheeleading section.

Materialistic? The moron attacked my IQ because I have a nice stereo. Explain how that's being defensive of material things... Dude reminds me of an old man just looking to start trouble because bobistheoilguy is the only thing he has to look forward to.

Again, your assumptions make you look stupid. Tiny? You would only call me that from the safetly of your keyboard.

BuickGN,

Is it true that bass sound waves take 10 or more feet to fully "expand", so the loud booming we hear at a distance away from the vehicle is much different than what the occupants hear?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
As we use to say in the old days "gentlemen, please cool your jets". Thank you

I know I know. This board is my "break" from work.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Not trying to sound dumb but, what is a SQ setup?

If it turns on and makes noise that is good enough for me.

Sound Quality.

Typically, SQ setups don't go loud and loud setups don't sound good.

I was very fortunate to work with an engineer that really knows his stuff and I have never experienced anything that sounds this good on every type of music. It just so happened that this thing goes really loud too due to the amazing 8db gain. I tested it with it at the loudest that I normally listen to it at and it was barely pulling 40 watts. That's the high end of my normal listenting range. When I got the dumb idea to see just how loud it would go I unleashed the full 1,100 watts on the subs.

Now that I've got it all dialed in I have to remove it to go to WIllow Springs. I've never been into car audio that much but the GN is waiting on a new body and the TL will never be fast in a straight line so I have to do something with my spare time.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
BuickGN,

Is it true that bass sound waves take 10 or more feet to fully "expand", so the loud booming we hear at a distance away from the vehicle is much different than what the occupants hear?

That's what I hear. Though mine sounds the same 10' away from the car as it does inside, just not as loud. I'm relatively new at this. I can tell you that after a certain volume, inside of the car you don't really hear an increase in volume, you just notice more air movement. Not my cup of tea.

I drive with the windows up because this thing seems to really carry outside of the car when the windows are down even at very low volumes unlike my old setup. I don't like attention, especially at my age.

Around here all anyone seems to be interested in is trunk rattlingly loud bass. That and the largest set of rims you have ever seen with some ebay 26" emblems for bling and a fresh paint job by sherwin-williams on a $400 car. I didn't even know you could body lift a caprice or crown vic. At least they no longer need ramps for the oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back