Accidentally reset my OLM!

Do you guys not put the stickers in the corner of the window? Must be a thing of the past these days lol I do that because only two of our cars have it but I still go by the sticker. I keep all service records anyway so I don’t have to worry about it

Do you guys not put the stickers in the corner of the window? Must be a thing of the past these days lol I do that because only two of our cars have it but I still go by the sticker. I keep all service records anyway so I don’t have to worry about it
I resist doing that, I don’t want people to think that I’m the type of guy who would pay someone else to change my own oil! The shame! They also might think I’m the type of person to use a semi-synthetic and a non premium oil filter; I’ve got a reputation to protect.

I resist doing that, I don’t want people to think that I’m the type of guy who would pay someone else to change my own oil! The shame! They also might think I’m the type of person to use a semi-synthetic and a non premium oil filter; I’ve got a reputation to protect.
LOL. Heck I’m lucky if I can even read the sticker after I write it anyway. But last year my mom bought me 100 oil change stickers for Christmas so don’t want them to go to waste so I use them.

My regular mechanic puts one of those stickers inside the upper left corner of my windshield. But I have my records; I'm not likely to forget at what mileage the oil got changed.

As much of a horror as it is to pay a 3rd party to change your fluids - worse yet is NOT paying someone else to do what needs to be done. There is ugliness in neglect that isn present in paying to get it done, and dignity and pride in ownership in keeping up with maintenance regardless of the mechanism.

Back