2019 Ram 1500 Reset Drive Hours AGAIN!

Just a vent session....

Fired up the truck this morning and the dumb thing reset the drive hour meter to zero again!

It last did it early July 2022. No indication either time it would happen. Just did it.

Last time it did it, I called the dealer and asked about possible warranty repair and was told no. Need to bring it in and do the whole diagnostic and what not. There's no other issue with the truck, it's just done this twice. Frustrating.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Last edited:
Just a question:
Do these unwanted resets mean a paper log should be kept?
I have a pretty decent manual log but I don't record drive and idle hours at fill ups, just at service intervals.

Any chance the batteries have a poor connection or are getting weak?
Is there a battery in the cluster?

Last time it did it, the main battery was only 3.5-4 years old, so maybe it's getting tired. I've seen zero indications of it though.

A dead main battery shouldn't reset cluster info though right?

Is there a battery in the cluster?

Last time it did it, the main battery was only 3.5-4 years old, so maybe it's getting tired. I've seen zero indications of it though.

A dead main battery shouldn't reset cluster info though right?
I was thinking if the draw on the battery was enough, it could reset it. ???? Loose battery connections?? Just a guess

My 2019 Classic reset the drive hours but not idle hours on its own. The real value is in the pcm, and you can reset the cluster to whatever you want with something like AlfaOBD if you desire. From what I read it’s just a bug with the cluster that causes it.

Any chance the batteries have a poor connection or are getting weak?
That’s what went through my mind. Did the trip odometer reset?

I know the battery on my S-10 is getting weak because all of a sudden the trip odometer will reset, probably because of a momentary voltage drop during cranking. The engine can turn over, crank, and start beautifully, but it’s a sign…

That’s what went through my mind. Did the trip odometer reset?

I know the battery on my S-10 is getting weak because all of a sudden the trip odometer will reset, probably because of a momentary voltage drop during cranking. The engine can turn over, crank, and start beautifully, but it’s a sign…
No indications. Both times it happened I caught by chance scrolling through the evic

I didn't ever pay attention to the hrs on my previous '18 Ram. I know the outside temp was wacky several times. It would read -99 degrees.

Back