A visit at the the boat dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to swing by the boat dealer yesterday to pick up a bimini frame they were holding for me. This place sells primarily smaller craft (under 25'), and I'm not in there all that often. A big Mercury/Mercruiser dealer. But heading out to the yard I wandered past the service/parts desk. There, on a large shelf behind the desk was their lubricant rack. It was not Quicksilver . . . but to my surprise, Amsoil. All types, for engines, outdrives and two cycle. And not dusty or for show; this was their main rack and was seeing action. They likely have a bulk tank supply of something else (probably an HDEO) in the shop area. But still, this dealer seems to know about lubricants.

Well - Volvo marine oil in the SAE 30 variety IS made by Amsoil. An Amsoil dealer was smart to sign them up as a ROTS account, or this boat dealer did it himself. (got the idea, etc)

Amsoil is a very popular marine engine oil. Not surprised that Amsoil is on their shelves. Dealers can choose what oils they carry. But, I know Merc dealers are supposed to have a certain quantity of Merc oil in stock for advertisement dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back