a sad day for our family

I would have checked the Check Engine light. Most likely something simple like an O2 sensor.
Maybe a bad gas cap? It ain't that hard.

Originally Posted by Chris142
You can sell a car with a CEL ? Here the seller is responsible for providing a currant smog cert at the time of the sale. If they do not and it fails they can be held responsible for repairs needed to make it pass.

Georgia is a free state.. haha

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Originally Posted by CR94
... The throttle tends to stick closed, then suddenly open more than intended when you push the accelerator pedal harder, resulting in jerky launches.
... Throttle body's from this Gen known to gum up causing stickiness.
Remove Throttle body from vehicle, fully clean (including IAC valve) re-install ensuring accelerator cables are taut and enjoy.
Vids on YouTube. ...
Thanks! I'll pass that tip on to the owners.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I would have checked the Check Engine light. Most likely something simple like an O2 sensor.
Maybe a bad gas cap? It ain't that hard.

we tried that but in vain; the car was having issue with fuel valve or carbon canister or even both; that was too much for us to work on and visually the car was deteriorating plus other stuff; Also, once I bought a newer car to myself, Mazda6 was logical transfer to my dad, even though its far from the perfect car yet its more of the car than he had in Camry;

the guy who bought the car Im sure he knows about cars more than average Joe and he will fix it; he told us a story of Camry at this age hitting 600K miles somewhere in his neighborhood

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by philipp10
Any running car with get you $500. Why would you even think you should call the junkyard? And what's with blocking out the plates in photos? Do you hold your thumb over the plates when driving as well?

Say someone get really mad at you on a forum (not bitog of course!), well now they can find your name and address and suddenly your 'forum anonymity" is gone.

Soem one driving down the highway doesnt know your forum handle.

... though they can follow you home if they are mad at you - regardless of seeing your tag #.

Too many social media psychos out there.

Stupid Smart phones destroy the world.

Registrations aren't public info in any state that I'm aware of...unless you're a LEO or someone else with access doing personal lookups no one is going to be able to ID you based on a plate number.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by incognito_2u
... The throttle tends to stick closed, then suddenly open more than intended when you push the accelerator pedal harder, resulting in jerky launches.
... Throttle body's from this Gen known to gum up causing stickiness.
Remove Throttle body from vehicle, fully clean (including IAC valve) re-install ensuring accelerator cables are taut and enjoy.
Vids on YouTube. ...
Thanks! I'll pass that tip on to the owners.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Originally Posted by miden851
I guess that's about a 2000 year model? The CE was the entry level as I recall.
Long runners for sure. You got your money's worth.

yes it was 2000 year model; I think was paid about $21k at the time

I just looked and our local dealer has 2020 Camry LEs for $24,000. Not a lot of price increase over 20 years considering they now include adaptive cruise and more safety stuff.

I don't think it could be that much, as with inflation $21k 20 years ago is now over $31k.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by philipp10
Any running car with get you $500. Why would you even think you should call the junkyard? And what's with blocking out the plates in photos? Do you hold your thumb over the plates when driving as well?

Say someone get really mad at you on a forum (not bitog of course!), well now they can find your name and address and suddenly your 'forum anonymity" is gone.

Soem one driving down the highway doesnt know your forum handle.

... though they can follow you home if they are mad at you - regardless of seeing your tag #.

Too many social media psychos out there.

Stupid Smart phones destroy the world.

That's what guns are for....

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Originally Posted by miden851
I guess that's about a 2000 year model? The CE was the entry level as I recall.
Long runners for sure. You got your money's worth.

yes it was 2000 year model; I think was paid about $21k at the time

I just looked and our local dealer has 2020 Camry LEs for $24,000. Not a lot of price increase over 20 years considering they now include adaptive cruise and more safety stuff.

I don't think it could be that much, as with inflation $21k 20 years ago is now over $31k.

Are you sure it was 21K? I almost bought a loaded 2002 Camaro SS automatic for 24K. That seems high for a basic car.

Toyota Camrys of that area are still all around my parts. My Aunt had that same generation Camry with the V6 and she said she wished she never traded it for a new one -- them year V6s were the sludge prone years also.

Back