A little freshening up

A new face as I'd say.

Years ago, when Mom was driving this, she hit a deer on the driver side which cracked the body-matched grille and shredded the header panel that the running/turn signal lights clip into.

Took the grille off, and with some JBWeld Plastic Bonder, glued back together where it was cracked. Replaced the driver-side destroyed header panel, new headlight lenses, new running/turn signal lens, and all-new Philips bulbs with LED in the DRL (DRL burn out so quick on these trucks and they run hot). Oh... and the black Chevy bowtie.

Pleased with the updates. Little by little. Next will be replacement bumpers powder coated to match and the Original Z71 17" wheels powder coated gloss black. The wheels are severely corroded.

I like "fixin-up" that retain the OE styling with tasteful, not overdone improvements/add-ons.

IMG_0040.jpeg

I like "fixin-up" that retain the OE styling with tasteful, not overdone improvements/add-ons.
Me too. (y) I had a 2000 Silverado that I bought new, got in a little chain reaction thing in Pa snow and had to have the chrome bumpers replaced so had them order steel ones and had them and the grill color matched and added the black bowtie. I bought 17" Avalanche take off wheels that worked well on the truck, people noticed.

I'd go for a gun metal or titanium color on the wheels but that's my taste. Those are good looking SUVs.

+100 to that, good buddy.

Tasteful, harmonious accents/omissions are king because they do a lot for a lot less moo-lah.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a friend's Chevy which he had repaired all the rusted areas with metal as well as the tasteful touch here and there. Most people wouldn't even notice the tweaking he did.

Oh well, you can't buy everything.

Back