A/F Air Fuel Ratio Sensors Brand Options

Few years back, I install a brand new Denso A/F sensor and starting to hear stories about not working properly or not lasting too long months.

The options that I come across in Rack Auto are,

1. Denso 30 days warranty: price 135

2. NGK/ NTK 60 days warranty: price 210

3. Bosch 12 months warranty: price 183

I am leaning toward the Bosch that I am more familiar but in my cars they are regular O2's/ narrow band.

Years ago I bought a Denso A/F ratio sensor for a 3.4L Tacoma off Amazon for ~$80 iirc. Worked great, I had no issues, traded years later. I believe it was the same sensor sold in a Toyota Box that the stealer wanted ~$190. Maybe things have changed, but based on my experience, I'd go Denso.

Denso was my go to sensor but recently I am not sure if the supply has been compromised w/ fake stuff. My friends/ mechanics are having issues with them.

Amazon was my go to place to buy the Bosch sensors but lately they are all 3 party sellers only.

It's usually not a good idea to buy auto parts from Amazon

What kind of car is it? Do you know who the OE supplier is? :unsure:

How many miles did you put on the car in the past few years since the last time you installed the Denso sensor? If you buy the Denso, or anything else from Rock Auto, google the return address when you receive it. You'll be able to find out where your parts came from.

The last time I bought a Denso oxygen sensor, it was an NTK sensor in a Denso box. That's OK. Reboxing is common.

How many miles did you put on the car in the past few years since the last time you installed the Denso sensor? If you buy the Denso, or anything else from Rock Auto, google the return address when you receive it. You'll be able to find out where your parts came from.

The last time I bought a Denso oxygen sensor, it was an NTK sensor in a Denso box. That's OK. Reboxing is common.
The car is Honda CRV, OEM supplier is probably NGK and not Denso.

The car is Honda CRV, OEM supplier is probably NGK and not Denso.
I didn't realize that when I commented. If you know who the OE supplier is, if not going OEM, I'd likely try go back with same manufacturer.

That said, many years ago I had camshaft position (TDC) sensor go bad on an 01 Civic. Bought a BWD/Intermotor sensor made in US, from AAP. It's worked fine, that car still in service.

NTK is actually NGK's monitor sensor side.

My 2003 toyota came with OEM denso (4xsensors). I have replaced all 4!

@ 45000 A/F (2008)
@ 65k A/F (2016)
@ 82 O2; I also replaced the other O2 to save on garage fitting labour expecting it to fail sooner than later (2020)

I replaced them with denso OEM

My 2003 toyota came with OEM denso (4xsensors). I have replaced all 4!

@ 45000 A/F (2008)
@ 65k A/F (2016)
@ 82 O2; I also replaced the other O2 to save on garage fitting labour expecting it to fail sooner than later (2020)

I replaced them with denso OEM

Denso was my go to choice but I am hearing having some issues w/ their latest stuff.

I use Denso on Toyota, and Bosch on everything else. One exception was on a Dodge I used a Denso because it was cheaper or the same price as the Bosch and I think the OE manufacturer for this vehicle.

Well I was not impressed with the longetivity of the OEM denso's the car was fitted with.
I was expecting 100k lifetime.
So time will tell if the quality gone up or down:unsure:

Back