Parts warrantie/ Denso and NGK

After my latest problem w/ my sons CRV, I contacted Rock Auto regarding my purchase of the oxygen sensors. If I remember correctly, the warranty for Denso and NGK
used to be 12 months but no more Denso is 30 days and NGK 60 days on these parts.

I am not paying a good price for middle of the road parts when I can get even cheaper parts w/ much better warranty. These parts are offer by some of the companies that contract to manufacturer that makes the same part. At the other end, we have OEM parts which is the most expensive option but cheaper in the long run.

I am putting Denso, NGK in the avoid category when purchasing parts. I am sure the penny pinchers got to them and they probably made some changes to their quality.

I've never needed to use a Denso warranty on their o2 sensors, but I know Bosch and Delphi have 12 month warranties and AC Delco have 24. I've had good luck with all of them actually. I have never found a NGK o2 sensor; didn't know they made them. Perhaps you meant NTK? Regardless, I haven't used NTK either. NGK and NTK might be the same company; I don't know. Logos and warranties look the same.

Denso is 12 months. RockAuto has specials where you can get a lower price without the warranty like so:

A “Wholesaler Closeout” for $9 or pay regular $13.xx and get the regular warranty.

After my latest problem w/ my sons CRV, I contacted Rock Auto regarding my purchase of the oxygen sensors. If I remember correctly, the warranty for Denso and NGK
used to be 12 months but no more Denso is 30 days and NGK 60 days on these parts.

I am not paying a good price for middle of the road parts when I can get even cheaper parts w/ much better warranty. These parts are offer by some of the companies that contract to manufacturer that makes the same part. At the other end, we have OEM parts which is the most expensive option but cheaper in the long run.

I am putting Denso, NGK in the avoid category when purchasing parts. I am sure the penny pinchers got to them and they probably made some changes to their quality.

If you bought them from a Honda dealership, then their parts warranty would cover you, regardless of the supplier to Honda parts distribution, which could be Denso or NGK.

Thanks for the replies, I was trying to point out some of the changes that are happening on the parts market. This does not take into account the parts coming out from the black market which is another can of warms on itself.

Back