A delicate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our neighbours three years old boy have some mental disorder. It's quite sad really. I bring this up because poor kid is screaming all day, sometimes very hysterically, and their (neighbours) front yard is facing mine back yard, my front yard is always in sun. This is going on for two years now. I understand it's a sad situation, but my family and I would also like to have some relaxing time. This morning we went out to drink our coffee only to be stressed with yelling. Any advice os welcoming, because we are loosing our minds.

Last edited:
If your local authorities can't do anything about noise pollution, you either buy noise cancelling headphones or move house.
Sorry to be so blunt, but that's just how it is..

Sorry - that is a very bad situation for everyone involved. perhaps you could negotiate with them for some scheduled "indoor time" for the child?

While I can't offer any other constructive advice - perhaps I can turn the situation around for you: what if that was your child? how would you react? how would you want your neighbors to react?

Yeah I know, there's nothing worse in this world than sick child. I thank god every day for my daughter, and I'm not religious.

Are these neighbors approachable? If so go talk to them as neighborly as possible about it, they probably can makes some changes that will give you quiet time outside. Let them know when you will be outside and ask that they keep him inside during that time.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Are these neighbors approachable? If so go talk to them as neighborly as possible about it, they probably can makes some changes that will give you quiet time outside. Let them know when you will be outside and ask that they keep him inside during that time.

Butt hurt deluxe.

Approach the neighbors because their child is interrupting your coffee time? I'm sure your neighbors are stressed out more than you can imagine and need compassion a lot more than neighbors complaining. I know I wouldn't approach them to complain. Install some outdoor speakers and play some calming music.

I know Mr. Nice would say to knock on their door to discuss the problem.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Butt hurt deluxe.

Understatement really. I,don't have the heart to approach them for this matter. Outdoor speaker that other guy mentioned could be a good start..
I'm sure little guy would be better over time. He's still very young.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
You still need to have child protective services check this out. This is very strange.

It seems the parents are taking really good care of the kid. I'm sure he is having good medical care too. Friend of ours is a doctor, by his behaviour( that we could see and hear)she suspect it's a autism. Kid isn't molested or anything like that.

You still need to have child protective services check this out. This is very strange.
In Croatia? That isn't nanny state territory.

Agreed!!!! ANY child, special or not, that is screaming all the time indicates to me that something is very, very wrong.*

* and by screaming I mean actual screaming, not just lots of noise while playing

Take your pick. Research a little into children with autism. I'm sure headphones will seem better than walking over there or buying an outdoor speaker. Plus you'll look even more "hip" wearing them while drinking your coffee outside.
thumbsup2.gif

Actually....... if I did get you right....

We dont need "nanny state" for that....we got proper institutions for that kind of people..... They get proper medical care there...and psyhical care etc....and I (personaly) think that this is "fer"/right approach

In US of A you have different aproach....there whole comunity will be working with that guy....wich we found a little stupid....ok that will be direct translation from "our" language (chirisiri will understand-hopefully others involved too!
smile.gif
).

AT/WITH that approach you dont know who is stupid and who needs help
smile.gif
(lud jebe zbunjenog LOL)
smile.gif

For instance in US of A if dog doesnt obey the owner....owner goes to the psychiatrist.....what we find a little bit funny (Jerry Springer Show press)!

Kamele0n your attempt at whatever your post is suppose to convey failed. Find a translator.

HerrStig wanted to tell us that in Croatia (and in Slovenia as neighbour country, we have the same system) there is no proper program for that kind of people....and HE probably knows that problem well...despite he is from another continent...

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I know Mr. Nice would say to knock on their door to discuss the problem.
grin.gif

Only if they vandalize your property
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back