7,000 miles on dino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a vehicle that does 7K OCIs on dino - would probably go longer - if it weren't for the OLM reminder.

These are the type of owners that fail to do any maintanence on their vehicle -- until something breaks or fails.

So in your mind, someone who ignores the OLM takes better care of his vehicle than someone who follows the OLM???
stooges.gif

Quote:

The service intervals on my 96 Saturn SL2 range from 6-10k miles using 5w-30 conventional and Fram or Purolator filters. Mostly 1-3 mile city trips too.

When I removed the valve cover after 95k miles, there was only a light coating of varnish on the valvetrain.

Yeah Yeah ..and you've got the original air in the original tires too.

(adapted from Dos Equis commercial)
If there were a cheaper way to do something, he would be the first to discover it.

His sneakers last 8 years and still look new...

If there were debris on the roadway, his car would be the only one to avoid it without altering his direction..

If he bought a sludge monster, deposits would refuse to form even though he followed the factory recommendations..

He is...(drum beats escalating in background)

The most frugal man in the world!!

grin.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:

Quote:

The service intervals on my 96 Saturn SL2 range from 6-10k miles using 5w-30 conventional and Fram or Purolator filters. Mostly 1-3 mile city trips too.

When I removed the valve cover after 95k miles, there was only a light coating of varnish on the valvetrain.

Yeah Yeah ..and you've got the original air in the original tires too.

(adapted from Dos Equis commercial)
If there were a cheaper way to do something, he would be the first to discover it.

His sneakers last 8 years and still look new...

If there were debris on the roadway, his car would be the only one to avoid it without altering his direction..

If he bought a sludge monster, deposits would refuse to form even though he followed the factory recommendations..

He is...(drum beats escalating in background)

The most frugal man in the world!!

grin.gif
tongue.gif

The wiper blades on the Saturn are more than five years old, and I just changed out the original wiper blades on the '92 Previa last year.
shocked.gif

banana.gif

Quote:

The wiper blades on the Saturn are more than five years old, and I just changed out the original wiper blades on the '92 Previa last year.
shocked.gif

So?? You think that took talent?? I know for a fact that anyone can do that. This guy said so ..many times. You don't even need wipers.
nono.gif
L@@K.

Got on a board a west bound seven forty seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
All that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true.
Seems it never rain in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours.
Out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect I'm out of bread
I'm under loved I'm under fed
I wanna go home
But girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours.
Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it
Had offers but don't know which one to take
Please don't tell them how you found me
Don't tell them how you found me give me a break
Give me a break
Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours

I'm pretty frugal myself. I use 5k oci for dino. if I had an OLM, I would use syn that I buy FAR and go by OLM.
grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

So in your mind, someone who ignores the OLM takes better care of his vehicle than someone who follows the OLM???
stooges.gif

Yes!!!!!
smile.gif

Ok, so if the OLM tells me to change the oil and I ignore it and drive another 5,000 kms I'm taking better care of it?
nono.gif

Gotta be careful of those open ended questions. Ignoring the OLM can go two different ways...one better than the other
laugh.gif

When running dino, I did not follow the OLM. I didn't fell comfortable taking dino past 5,000 miles. Even with synthetic I'm only going about 7,600 miles.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

stooges.gif

Yes!!!!!
smile.gif

Ok, so if the OLM tells me to change the oil and I ignore it and drive another 5,000 kms I'm taking better care of it?
nono.gif

Gotta be careful of those open ended questions. Ignoring the OLM can go two different ways...one better than the other
laugh.gif

When running dino, I did not follow the OLM. I didn't fell comfortable taking dino past 5,000 miles. Even with synthetic I'm only going about 7,600 miles.

That was kind of my point... Completely ignoring the OLM would have to be one of the most ignorant things a vehicle owner could do.

I could see "I change my oil when the OLM says 25%" or "I change at 6 months or when the OLM says 0 whichever comes first"; but to completely ignore it is just dumb. (IMO)

My problem is that I tend to ignore the OLM and change the oil to early. The farthest I've made it so far is out to 30% on the OLM (roughly 5500 miles).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back