5w20 oil for 2 new cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2008 dodge 2500 with the 5.7 hemi and 18000 miles on it also i have a 2009 honda accord with the 3.5 and 9000 on it . i was using 0w20 amsoil in both but the cost is getting to me. any other syns that would be as good for cheaper? mostly town driving and 6 month 6ooo miles oci on both . thanks

With 6/6 interval you could run pretty much anything other than the cheapest no name conventional, I'd just run Pennzoil platinum if I were you, I picked up a couple 5 quart jugs at walmart for $19.00(new regular price) yesterday.

Last edited:
PP should work fine. AAP has a deal on PP with a Pure One filter going on right now. 5 qts of oil and the filter $24.99. That should save you some money and you'll still be using a synthetic oil.

I would suggest sticking with one synthetic and recommend Valvoline SynPower 5w30. Valvoline has a great reputation and great oils. Be sure you use a upper tier oil filter (stay away from Fram), such as Purolator PureOne, Bosch, Wix or Napa Gold.

Note: If you go on the Valvoline website, they have a great offer with a $20 mail-in rebate. Check it out!
Walmart usually has the the best prices for Valvoline in 5 qt. jugs.

Chevron Techron every six months.

Our 2007 Saturn Vue has a 3.5l Honda V6 in it. I've been running Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 with either K&N or DENSO filters for 6,000 OCIs and the vehicle seems to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back