5w-20 in 100 degree heat? Will it protect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ram01
Look all of us here knows that a 10w30 dino. Will provide better heat protection than a 5w20 Synthetic

Again - where is your proof? You keep spouting the same nonsense but have nothing to back it up with. If "all of us here" agreed there wouldn't be threads like this running for pages.

One more time - where is your proof to back up what you are saying? I guess people like Ram01 and Merkava_4 know more than the engineers at various car manufacturers!
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Last edited:
5W20 will shear out of grade In. Hot temps a lot of worn out hondss motors up here in NYC. 10w30 is the way to go. Very shear stable

crackmeup2.gif

Look all of us here knows that a 10w30 dino. Will provide better heat protection than a 5w20 Synthetic

crackmeup2.gif

Quoted for hilarity and posterity; also amazed that this thread has gone one this long.

18.gif

This ain't 1975 anymore. Parroting something does not make it so. Try articulating a position and bring some fact to the table.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251
That is something people do not either remember or never had knowledge of. That Americans have been using 20 grade oils for decades.

I definitely did not know that. I thought 20 grade oil was within the last 15 years.

I still don't trust it. I'm going to continue running 85w-140 in my engines though.

5W20 will shear out of grade In. Hot temps a lot of worn out hondss motors up here in NYC. 10w30 is the way to go. Very shear stable

Do you have reliable, objective information that qualifies this or are you simply attempting to float us with bovine scatology? Me thinks it is the latter and that you should do some research before spouting out incorrect information such as this.

There's plenty of uoa on this forum backing my statements go look them up.
Go ahead and continue to use a light 20wt oil when u start to loose compression in your motor and oil consumption increase don't run on this forum screaming. For help
smile.gif

Go ahead and continue to use a light 20wt oil when u start to loose compression in your motor and oil consumption increase don't run on this forum screaming. For help
smile.gif

When is this supposed to happen? After 250,000 miles or more?

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
smile.gif

When is this supposed to happen? After 250,000 miles or more?

More like never..... herp derp

There's plenty of uoa on this forum backing my statements go look them up.
smile.gif

Sure. Do you have anything better do?

No I do not have anything better to do than to argue with a person that can not bring any fact, study, or even conjecture to the table to support his/her claims. But it is obvious you enjoy the attention. Why is this?

OMG, are there still dinosaurs?

I think I just heard one!

Until you can prove other wise my friend heavier. Motor oil is the way to go enough said.

Wow. I don't know what annoys me more, your poorly defended opinion or your absolute butchering of basic. Grammar.

Originally Posted By: Dusty
Until you can prove other wise my friend heavier. Motor oil is the way to go enough said.

Wow. I don't know what annoys me more, your poorly defended opinion or your absolute butchering of basic. Grammar.

Agreed.

I'll tell you what - I'll let you know when my 4.6 engine loses compression. I'm at 100K miles right now. HINT: I wouldn't hold my breath though! I'm sure the engine will outlast the rest of the car.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

OMG, are there still dinosaurs?

I think I just heard one!

I thought they were extinct and in the midst of providing base stocks, but I guess not...

Do you

10w30 is still alive and well

Can you say "troll" boys and girls?!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back