5w-20 Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this afternoon I go to the Valvoline Quicky-Lube to get my coolant flushed (don't start, I have to take a trip and it's cold and raining outside right now). They have the oil all nice and organized on the shelves except where the 5w-20 would be it was loaded with Motorcraft.
lol.gif

[ December 09, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyO ]

Our Pennzoil Lube Centers (very good) also advertize that they have Motorcraft on a big sign. If you don't pump PZ, Castrol, Havoline, and Motorcraft (and others) you lose business. Gotta give the customer what he wants.

They have almost every brand. For customers who don't care, they use PZ. Good business sense. They will even put in Valvoline with a big ole smile.

The oil is not where the money is made.

I chuckle when I see crappy tire charging more for a Quaker State oil change than a motomaster Forumla One oil change since F1 is probably the better oil, being made by Shell!
Makes me curious why they use F1 instead of Nugold, their in house cheapest brand

The Valvoline Quick lube in town here uses Motocraft 5W20 instead of Valvoline. The guy says that he can buy the Motocraft cheaper than the Valvoline, and since most cars that use it are Fords, it works out good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back