5qt jugs of Motorcraft 5w30 are BACK! Walmart is

Status
Not open for further replies.
carrying them again!

For awhile, only the 5w20 was available in the big jugs, while the other grades were only sold in single quart bottles.

Priced at $17.97, the same as the other synthetic blends like Pennzoil Gold.

This was recently mentioned as popping up at Walmarts but none around me had it, sounds like it is still making it's way out through the system.

Good!

I believe we have the Ford Ecoboost engines to thank for this.

I also noticed they have Motorcraft 10w30 HDEO in 5 qt jugs when I looked, I don't think that is new but I didn't realize they had that either.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
carrying them again!

For awhile, only the 5w20 was available in the big jugs, while the other grades were only sold in single quart bottles.

At that price it is not worth it from other entry level offerings from other majors such as SOPUS, XOM, and Valvoline. I will stick with a more appropriately priced 76 at 2.99 at 99 Cent only stores.

They were never out of the parts system. I could order cases whenever I feel like it from my Motorcraft supplier, but my cost as a dealer is more than what WalMart charges out the door.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
carrying them again!

At that price it is not worth it from other entry level offerings from other majors such as SOPUS, XOM, and Valvoline. I will stick with a more appropriately priced 76 at 2.99 at 99 Cent only stores.

Motorcraft is pretty amazing stuff. I'd consider it top of the line synthetic blend.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2195626

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: dave1251
carrying them again!

Motorcraft is pretty amazing stuff. I'd consider it top of the line synthetic blend.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2195626

So you consider the entry level product that competes and does not outperform other entry level products as amazing?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Any sign of Motorcraft 10W-30 ?

Which 10W30, the synthetic blend or the diesel oil? Have both in stock, although just like the 5W30, my cost from Ford is higher than what WalMart sells it for.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Which 10W30, the synthetic blend or the diesel oil?

The 10W-30 synthetic blend.
smile.gif

QSUD is full synthetic for around $22.00 although i dont think it cleans as well as the motorcraft. I stopped buying the Motorcraft when the price went up

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
QSUD is full synthetic for around $22.00 although i dont think it cleans as well as the motorcraft. I stopped buying the Motorcraft when the price went up

I agree. A few years back Motorcraft was a screaming deal at WM but now it's just OK (compared to their other selections). At $17.47 a jug I'd stick with ST full synthetic.

Are Boron and Moly the be all end all? Or are test results more important? For example, Mobil Super 5000 is $12.XX at Walmart right now. I know because i went looking for MC 5w30 and they didnt have it. So i visited PQIA for fun, to see how this $17.XX synthetic blend oil compared with this $12.XX Sodium/Titanium based conventional (both in 5w20)...

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Feb2014/consolidated5w20ALL.html

Also of note, 2010_FX4's UOA results on MS5K are impressive too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Are Boron and Moly the be all end all? Or are test results more important? For example, Mobil Super 5000 is $12.XX at Walmart right now. I know because i went looking for MC 5w30 and they didnt have it. So i visited PQIA for fun, to see how this $17.XX synthetic blend oil compared with this $12.XX Sodium/Titanium based conventional (both in 5w20)...

http://www.pqiamerica.com/Feb2014/consolidated5w20ALL.html

Also of note, 2010_FX4's UOA results on MS5K are impressive too.

I would like to add a couple of things. First we don't even know if Motorcraft it still using this additive package, since they can change without notice and it's been awhile since a VOA was performed on this product. I can hope since they market this oil for their new vehicles that it's only gotten better even if the balance of additives changes, so moly and Boron aren't everything but I like the uoas I see with those additives usually.

Another thing I'd like to add is that 2010_FX4 has a great wearing engine regardless of what oil is being used, so it's hard to draw data points from that since it's all so good. The 5.4 has generally been very easy on oil in those trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back