4wheeling / desert pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSV

My "automotive" hobby is to wheel into the backcountry and camp in the Western US. These are a few shots from the Moab UT area.

-

This is Chicken Corners (also known as Pucker Pass). Cowboys used to ride horses around this ledge. I can tell you it is an adrenilin rush just to walk around it as the trail slopes toward the river.

-
 -

This is me popping out of the Hidden Canyon Escape trail. Quite steep and loose.

-

This is the view down into Hidden Canyon after climbing out.
 -

This is an Anasazi grainery. It is between 700 and 1300 years old. I like to find undocumented stuff like this when I'm out. {I only take photos, never disturbing the sites} I had to use climbing ropes to get up to this. The Anasazi were **** brave rock climbers.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

You have some camera skill that's for sure. Beautiful shots. What kind of camera did you use?

GSV, awesome pictures. I love the Western US. Havn't been out there enough but from what I've seen, it's amazing. I was in Nevada, Lake Tahoe and Arizona. It's just incredible out there. I'm trying to get my wife to move out west someday.
smile.gif

MRCO1, the camera is a Sony DSC-75. It is a little over 2 years old, 3.3 Megapixel. I like it but I want a digital SLR style. {so many things crying out for my money...}

Last_Z, you're doing it all wrong son! Be nice to the wife's car and use rental cars for this kind of stuff.
grin.gif
Take a rental Grand-Am on the Pony Express trail (still there) or Steel Bender.

Buster, I grew up in NH but I'll never move back east of the Rockies. The Italian food is better back east but the Mexican food is way better out here.
cool.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GSV:
MRCO1, the camera is a Sony DSC-75. It is a little over 2 years old, 3.3 Megapixel. I like it but I want a digital SLR style. {so many things crying out for my money...}

You must have gotten the RGB map right. Some of the Sony cameras use a nonstandard RGB map that looks strange until you use the right color conversion map. If you're looking for a good SLR, the Canon EOS 300D is really great especially for the money.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/300d.html

jsharp,

I haven't posted pics anywhere else. I like 4x4wire, Yotatech seems to have more people who want to monkey with their instrument panel guages and pimp Amsoil than actually wheel their Toyotas...
dunno.gif

MRC01,

That is some rock crawling park. I bet a lot of equipment gets busted because of that place.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Nice pics and in beautiful country too. I havent been down around Moab for almost ten years. I think its time to go back.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back