350 miles on Arx "clean' phase...what I notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've completed the first 350 miles with Arx, and this is what I've noticed so far:

-sometimes the engine sounds different than it used to do, not a "bad" sound, but just different, but not always(I'm not worried or anything; i know all thses symptoms are pretty normal, having read other people's exp.)

-engine idles like before., and starts like before.

-the other thing: it seems that sometimes between shifts, the engine revvs higher, and easier; for ex, normally, the 3-4 shift occured at about 35 mph with `1500 rpm; since using Arx, even with moderate pressure on gas pedal, the car goes up to 40 mph before the 3-4 shift occurs at about 2000 rpm(4 is OD in may car). it seems more "rev-happy";(I've never seen the tach higher than 3000 rpm in this car, a 1997 4.6 T-bird)

-sometimes I thought it has more power at higher speeds than before, but it could be my fanatasy...(there's a steep hill i have to climb every day when I travel from/to work; usually I have to push the pedal pretty hard to get up that hill at 60 mph; but today with little effort, I was climbing that hill at 70 mph...coincidence? probably)

If all this was NOT my imagination, what could be the explanation/interpretation? (the part about the car being "rev-happy" is where I'm most certain that it indeed is a change)

-I drive about 60 miles every day (at about 60-65 mph)
-I still haven't checked my oil; will check at 500 miles with Arx, for change of level/colour of oil etc., then will change oil+filter at 1500 miles.

Sounds like you may have cleaned up the ring packs and found some lost compression. Also sounds like you may want to clean your auto trans.

My F150 feels the same way on the rinse cycle of ARX, yet I've been running syn and the truck is only a couple years old (2001 with 72K).

I think ring packs cake up with carbon and sludge regardless of oil. Cleaning them out periodically will improve performance considerably due to restored compression and better balance of the piston/rod/crank assembly. A slight build up of carbon adds mass to a reciprocating assembly, possibly throwing the balance off.

quote:

Originally posted by Rick20:
Sounds like you may have cleaned up the ring packs and found some lost compression. Also sounds like you may want to clean your auto trans.

-----------------------
Rick20,

Thanks for the comments..(goes to all who commented)

Why did you think I might need to clean the auto trans?
it's a 4R70w, which is notorious for shudder, but I'm running mercon-V, and i only slightly feel the shudder sometimes.
Thanks again for the feed-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back