2nd Kreen Cleaning -- 98 Camry V6 -- Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: sprintman
I also don't care about the money. You really need to give up c3po, and go sell some Kreen or whatever it is you sell these days?

He has a fuel injector cleaning business these days. As some of the members who used his service know he's the real deal, a stand up guy, knows a thing or two about engines, and that he's not c3po. In fact some of the site moderators know both of them, from actual conversations with them over the years. You might want to take note of that, because you're 100% wrong and it is doing nothing for your cause. Not that you'd believe me but I've spoken with both of them over the years too, they are two different people. I'd consider a different angle of attack.

I'll make up my own mind on that china. Don't you worry yourself about it

I also don't care about the money. You really need to give up c3po, and go sell some Kreen or whatever it is you sell these days?

He has a fuel injector cleaning business these days. As some of the members who used his service know he's the real deal, a stand up guy, knows a thing or two about engines, and that he's not c3po. In fact some of the site moderators know both of them, from actual conversations with them over the years. You might want to take note of that, because you're 100% wrong and it is doing nothing for your cause. Not that you'd believe me but I've spoken with both of them over the years too, they are two different people. I'd consider a different angle of attack.

Trust me I'm not worried. Carry on!

Trust me I'm not worried. Carry on!

Good boy. You seem to be getting it.......

I got it alright.
thumbsup2.gif

I know you must be angry that i outed your pal every time he came back with another name but that's too bad. I will out him every time i see him.
You need to find a better avenue of attack because this one shows you are desperate since cannot debate on any facts to with engines, seals or anything else automotive related.

Originally Posted By: Trav

I know you must be angry that i outed your pal every time he came back with another name but that's too bad. I will out him every time i see him.
You need to find a better avenue of attack because this one shows you are desperate since cannot debate on any facts to with engines, seals or anything else automotive related.

My pal?? Oh and I've forgotten more about oil, engines, seals than you will ever discover, that's a given over 20 years or more. You forget I was here way before you but that's OK.

Try 40 years there chief working at it every day. Oh the years you were banned don't count.
lol.gif

Edit: If "fixing VANOS seals with some snake oil that swells the BUNA-N up is you idea of fixing the issue instead of repairing it properly with new and improved seals of a different material you need to learn a little more.
This is a band aid "fix" at best.

Last edited:
What does TUV certification mean? Do they test the claim of the product or do they certify that the product causes no harm if used according to the directions? I am suspecting it is later.

What does TUV certification mean? Do they test the claim of the product or do they certify that the product causes no harm if used according to the directions? I am suspecting it is later.

What I find strange are those who make blanket statements about virtually anything when their long experience should have shown them that there are different circumstances from one case to another.

Any cleaner added to oil is only going to clean where the oil is adequately splashing. If the sludge / varnish / coked deposits are a result of a poor splash pattern or thermal differences and built up under regular ocis, then any cleaner is going to be less effective.

If the deposits are a result of poor maintenance, then good oil, or oil with cleaner, will reach the areas to be cleaned more readily and prove to be more effective.

It's interesting that for Artem, nothing seemed to make much of a difference even though the deposits were easily removed by hand.

Maybe the only guaranteed solution would be circulating some sort of cleaning solution around a non running engine in enough of a quantity that it would come into contact with every surface. A machine that does this and filters the solution might enable one to see when that cleaning solution runs clear.

^^^heee, that was simple!

Nice one. But Fox S raised a nice question. Motorized flush machine? Could be a money maker.

I could make one easily with an old pre luber setup I have in a box from an old street car I used to have. You'd need a small set of adapters like a trans machine, simple to hook up.

Originally Posted By: FoxS
Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: Trav
It doesn't matter to me one way or the other if Kreen worked for him or not. I get nothing out of it one way or the other.
I have no skin in the game unlike distributors and shills on this forum pretending to be nothing more than regular retail customers.
I recieve no free product or even free shipping, they don't even know who i am. The owner of Kano labs doesn't call me or email me asking/telling me what to post to promote his product.

Artem got his money back, no harm no foul. I have other things to do than concern myself if someone's engine got cleaned or not.
That was the guarantee and they honoured it yet you continue to bash the product. Why? I wish ARX had honoured their guarantee which is now null and void according to their website.

I did however loose over $300 on a product that didn't do squat and got no money back.
I would hate to see some other poor sucker loose a nickel to this company with no guarantee to speak of.

Artem is talking out of both sides of his mouth IMO. He said ARX doesn't work and now is saying it worked better than another product.
What the heck is that they both did nothing according to him so one was better at doing nothing than the other?
These are his words not mine he posted this right in this thread.

Trav, what is so hard to understand about what I said earlier in the thread? I've attempted to explain it multiple times already.

Here I go again...

~~ Lets pretend product A cleaned 10% of the sludge build up. For a product that is said to clean sludge, it's safe to say that the product; (did not work / didn't work as advertised, as we obviously expected the product to FULLY CLEAN the entire surface).

~~ Lets pretend product B cleaned only 2% of the sludge build up. For a product that is said to clean sludge, it's safe to say that the product; (did not work / didn't work as advertised, as we obviously expected the product to FULLY CLEAN the entire surface).

Now, is it wrong to go back and say that product A worked better then product B after seeing the results from both products, even though it was originally stated that product A did not work???

Don't worry Artem, plenty of people got what you said.

Only those with a bias construed it another way.

The problem is that it was stated by the OP that kreen failed and ARX did not. Makes one wonder just why that causes a problem for the user of the former.

Originally Posted By: V8man
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: V8man
A fast look it seems that MMO has the most satisfied customers, with Kreen in secong place, only because more people tried MMO. But Kreen seems to be the fastest of the bunch, and Trav has lots of experience with it, and knows what he's talking about. So that makes it good for me.

And you can of course back that up.

"If you are using a Synthetic oil leave the wizards in a bottle on the shelf if you are using anything less then yes they may be of some benefit but at the and of the day you are just trying to turn a dog into a fox." Did the person who said that know what he was talking about?

I agree with you that someone using synthetic oil does not need an oil additive, again I am holding the 3 oil additives that are being talked about with intense skepticism, but I stand by what I said about the Kreen and MMO customers.

Trav does not recommend or endorse using Kreen in an engine that is clean or has used synthetic oil for most of its life. If Trav were really pushing Kreen, he would recommend this product even if users had a clean engine. He would probably recommend using it every 25,000 or maybe every 50,000 miles in clean engines.

Then you can explain why the grief in this thread?

And here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2920676#Post2920676

Because he spent $300 on the product, took it to Germany, and neither he or his friends could get it to work. To add insult to injury, he didn't get his money back.

This is something he is not able to forget.

Of course, he might want to ask himself, why he didn't just buy one or two bottles and try it out first before risking $300 and perhaps his reputation with friends and acquaintances in Germany. But of course, its easier to remain angry at Auto RX and Frank.

Sure a person can do compression tests sprintman. But it is also possible to take before and after photographs of internal engine cleaning so that we have actual evidence that a cleaning product cleans like the claims made for that cleaning product. Compression tests AND photographs would be nice. What is your problem with the photographs?

Several people at this website have already displayed before and after photographs showing the cleaning ability of motor oils such as Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum. If they can do it then people who promote some cleaning product such as Auto-RX, MMO or Kreen can also do it.

And FoxS I have already seen (years ago) an engine flush machine at a Saturn dealership. It must have been approved because the dealership was using it. They pumped high detergent fluid at high temperature and high pressure throughout non-running engines. I don't know what the fluid was that they used.

I would kind of like to see also what sort of cleaning is done by non-solvent engine flushes such as Amsoil's and Lubegard Engine Flush.

I think in the end people would like to have an effective engine cleaner that is as low in cost as possible. If MMO can get an engine clean that would probably be about the cheapest way to go. If Kreen can get clean an engine effectively that would also be a reasonably cheap way to go. Auto-RX+ would be more expensive but IF IT WORKED and people here were able to demonstrate THAT AUTO-RX+ WORKS then there would be people buying Auto-RX+.

So we are waiting to see if anybody can demonstrate with before and after photographs that Auto-RX+ actually cleans an engine. Hence the need for before and after photographs (and compression tests). And we will need for at least two different people to provide such evidence. So that is the reason for the photographs sprintman.

Mystic, I think you're the main person looking for before and after cleaning pictures. It's a good request but I come back to my point about engines that are dirty through design vs neglect.

Engine performance and mpg are more important. I have read so many instances of Auto RX fixing compression issues that I might consider it if I had such an issue. I would also consider first a good full synthetic oil and also a good fuel system cleaning too. I restored a good deal of lost performance and mpg in a vehicle I had maintained with quality oil and short oci's by using Techron, Gumout All In One and then the Walmart fuel system cleaning service.

It seems to me though that Auto RX has an effect in areas that the oil easily reaches. Piston rings fall into that category. Dnewton and the AutoRX website talked about AutoRx having esters that are attracted to deposits, so long as the carrier oil is compatible.

I wonder how many people have used the wrong carrier oil and how many deposits that were not cleaned were in areas not receiving enough oil splashing.

Btw, take a look at the video I posted and google the company. They seem to have made a well thought out flushing machine that runs without the engine running. Perhaps that is what the Saturn dealer was using.

FoxS it might be a little bit difficult to have a product like Auto-RX shipped to Germany and maybe Trav figured he could take the Auto-RX people at their word and that the Auto-RX would be effective as an internal engine cleaner. There may have been enough difficulty involved in getting the Auto-RX shipped to Germany so that it made sense to try to have $300.00 worth of the product shipped there rather than going through all of that a few bottles at a time.

Trav is a mechanic and he was unable to get the Auto-RX to work. That is the bottom line. If anybody should have been able to get it to work it should have been him. I have had PMs with Trav and I know that he is a very intelligent man. I don't think people should find fault with him for trying a product. If the product did not work as it was supposed to work the fault belongs there. And at the time Auto-RX was supposed to have a money back guarantee.

I don't think we should attack somebody for trying a product. Any one of us could try a product that did not deliver on the claims. We could be disappointed with a motor oil that is supposed to clean, some cleaning product such as Kreen, MMO, or Auto-RX+, or an engine flush product.

There is a delay here and it takes time for people to prepare a reply. So sometimes these replies to posts seem disjointed.

We need to consider if maybe a flush machine like was shown in the video might actually be the safest and most effective way to go.

But if I were to find out that a certain engine cleaning product, say Kreen just to use an example, was effective and did the job at a reasonable cost I would use Kreen to clean the engine and not worry about expensive motor oils. I would go on using conventional motor oil or for a high mileage vehicle HM oils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back