23 land rover. All this for an oil change .

And still makes a huge mess! Look at all the bolts I had to remove.The oil shoots into the steering rack then all over the frame completly missing my form a funnel.

IMG_20240418_110906663.jpg

IMG_20240418_110902260.jpg

I used to have a 2015 ram hemi, it would also puke right onto the steering rack. stupid design.

Ya I dont have anything to suck 8 qts of oil with and Im not buying anything.
An idea...get a top side extractor that holds around 6 quarts. Extract 4-5 quarts, pull the suction hose out of the dipstick tube (if it has one??), pour the 4-5 quarts used oil into a catch can, re-insert suction hose and remove the rest of the oil.

It probably doesn't have a dipstick though, right?

It doesn't sound like he's enjoying working on euro cars very much and isn't spending his money on tools for them. Hasn't yet posted anything he's liked that i remember. FWIW every brand has stupid design features.

My dad has a Jaguer F-Pace with a V6 and that is probably the same engine. There is a tube under the oil fill cap for an oil extractor. An oil extractor would be a shop owned tool and your shop should have one.

And still makes a huge mess! Look at all the bolts I had to remove.The oil shoots into the steering rack then all over the frame completly missing my form a funnel.

View attachment 214843

View attachment 214844
That's why MB wants their dealers to vacuum the oil out. they even designed the dip stick tube so you didn't have to run a tube down it. Just hook up to the top of the DS tube.

It doesn't sound like he's enjoying working on euro cars very much and isn't spending his money on tools for them. Hasn't yet posted anything he's liked that i remember. FWIW every brand has stupid design features.
I kinda liked the G wagon. I also had no idea as to how fast these euro cars are. As someone who grew up in the local street racing scene our old musclecars don't stand a chance against euro cars. Nobody here likes Jags or Rovers so they pawn them off to the new guy...... Me!

I did buy some needed external torx and a few other tools I needed but now with rent due and taxes due I'm broke.

Back