Most Satisfying Part of an Oil Change

My favorite part of an oil change is printing out the next change due mileage reminder sticker and affixing it in the upper corner of the driver's side windshield. I purchased 200 WIX oil change static cling decals from eBay about 15 years ago, so I'm set for life!

I get immense satisfaction whenever I use my fancy no spill CTA oil funnel. It locks and seals in the oil fill port and you simply fill it with oil. Very useful especially with slow filling Volvos

1708145421246.jpeg

My favorite part of an oil change is printing out the next change due mileage reminder sticker and affixing it in the upper corner of the driver's side windshield. I purchased 200 WIX oil change static cling decals from eBay about 15 years ago, so I'm set for life!
I like this idea. Like a DIY oil change shop sticker but my own sticker.

For me it’s the first drive after an oil change

Clean everything up, grab a shower, hop in the truck, put on some tunes, grab a coffee and head to the Reservation and fill up.

I just like the warm fuzzies knowing I'm doing the best I can to maintain my cars. Be it an oil change, a wash or simply filling up with a tank of BP Ultimate over some supermarket fuel.

The most satisfying part of an oil change is, after you have completed it, starting up the vehicle, seeing oil pressure, and observing no leaks from filters or plugs. And then washing your hands to get any stray oil off.

Being done and not having to do it again for 4k.
Also nice having a clean interior again. I always clean it out while the oil is draining. My wife and daughter aren't very tidy in their cars.

Looking around underneath and all is dry....also pouring the new oil in...

Is afterwards. All tools put away and work area cleaned. Hearing your car purrr it's satisfaction, checking level and seeing fresh oil at full mark. Garage door open, sun pours in, cool breeze hits. Sound of that celebratory beer opening and first sip. Nirvana.

I did get a chance to do this at Jiffy Lube last Christmas. They were friendly and may be my new go to. They actually backed a customer’s car up, so I could pour my oil through the grate…
Super convenient! I'll have to check my local out, this never even crossed my mind as an option! Ty.

The new filter is nice and clean I guess. But there's nothing really that satisfying about it for me. Just changing oil.

I like this idea. Like a DIY oil change shop sticker but my own sticker.
You can also find them on Amazon if you don't like/trust eBay. O'Reilly Auto will give you some if you ask nicely. Or buy an oil change from them.

My actual response to the topic of the post:

The satisfying 'Easy button' feeling I get from only needing an oil filter wrench and a drain pan to change the oil in each of our cars. The satisfying result of opening a Fumoto valve and watching the oil drain straight down, directly into the plug hole in the drain pan, with no having to estimate exactly where the pan needs to be based on mental math equations using flow arc and wind speed (and adjusting the position as the flow dwindles). No failed attempts to not drop the drain plug in the pan. No need for a torque wrench or wondering if this is the OC when the aluminum pan threads strip out. Haha! 😂

Last edited:
Back