'23 Dodge Hornet test of A.W.D. goes haywire

Status
Not open for further replies.
All told, TFL channels have over 3 million YouTube subs. They're not yokels. They get press vehicles and attend press events all the time. Most of the content they produce is with press vehicles.
How many of those are real instead of fake? Any hacker can probably game the counter to read a few million subs. Chrysler just hands over the key and lets them drive?

How many of those are real instead of fake? Any hacker can probably game the counter to read a few million subs. Chrysler just hands over the key and lets them drive?
Do you really have no idea how automotive press works?????? Yes, that's literally how it works, and they do it with much smaller channels than TFL as well. And no, you can't just "hack the counter". That's not how technology works. At all. This is about the silliest comment I've seen recently.

Edit: Most of what people like you would call ""hackers"" these days are social engineering attacks to get people to click bad links in their email or give up their password/information over the phone.

Here you go.

The French are in control now.

Not quite, try again. Stellantis NV is actually headquartered in the Netherlands, so if anything you'd call them Dutch. And they still have leadership from both PSA and FCA including engineering teams. And they didn't replace all the Italian workers in the Naples plant with French workers.

And French cars are known in Europe to be somewhat more reliable than their Italian counterparts anyway.

Edit: And if you want to get really pedantic, the CEO is Portuguese. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Tavares

Do you really have no idea how automotive press works?????? Yes, that's literally how it works, and they do it with much smaller channels than TFL as well. And no, you can't just "hack the counter". That's not how technology works. At all. This is about the silliest comment I've seen recently.

Edit: Most of what people like you would call ""hackers"" these days are social engineering attacks to get people to click bad links in their email or give up their password/information over the phone.
Then why do I keep reading about hackers shuting down a company for days like the pipeline hack a few years ago, or ransomeware take down of a hospital? Or when they can plant a bug in your computer and watch everything you do? Not to mention all the fake reviews on Google or Yelp. I would think a good hacker could write a program to simulate views, likes and subs on Youtube as well.

Here you go.
Maybe your definition of an automotive journalist is different from mine. I'm not sure if someone making and showing videos on youtube or tic tok is in the same class as someone writing articles in Car & Driver or Motor Trend. 30 some years ago I wrote stuff for Old Cars Weekly and got a few bucks for each article. I did it more for fun than fame. You think they would send me the latest Corvette to review? I still have a PRESS card somewhere.

Then why do I keep reading about hackers shuting down a company for days like the pipeline hack a few years ago, or ransomeware take down of a hospital? Or when they can plant a bug in your computer and watch everything you do? Not to mention all the fake reviews on Google or Yelp. I would think a good hacker could write a program to simulate views, likes and subs on Youtube as well.
YouTube stops counting views as “views” after 4-5 times in a 24 hour period, and you have to watch at least 30 seconds of a video for it to count as a view. Video watch bots also don’t work as any account that gets caught leaving spam or randomly hopping from video to video won’t have its view or like counted. You’d need hundreds of thousands of accounts to make a dent in anything.

Let me rephrase that. How does some yokel get a hold of a press demo vehicle? It's not like he is with Car & Driver or Motor Trend.
TfL car and tfl truck do alot of testing. They did a great segment on various off roading vehicles. True they should have waited for a definite production version, but magazines online companies sometimes get what they can. Not all publications have a huge backing company that can get them long-term press fleets etc. TFL's office is in Gunbarrel Colorado in a small industrial park.

Maybe your definition of an automotive journalist is different from mine. I'm not sure if someone making and showing videos on youtube or tic tok is in the same class as someone writing articles in Car & Driver or Motor Trend. 30 some years ago I wrote stuff for Old Cars Weekly and got a few bucks for each article. I did it more for fun than fame. You think they would send me the latest Corvette to review? I still have a PRESS card somewhere.
I missed this years Denver auto show unfortunately but in 2017 I called the company hosting it. I asked if I could have press passes. They said no problem.

They produce a lot of pretty good content but some is not so great. That said, I highly disagree with the test being ridiculous. It's a valid test of the AWD and torque vectoring systems and how good they are. It's a good demonstration of how good the computers are at directing torque where it needs to go when it needs to go there. Some vehicles do well in the test and others don't.

I especially like the Ike Gauntlet tests, pretty good towing tests for the extreme end of things.

It's not the test that ridiculous, it's the fact they were told there was a known issue in the test mule and act like teens whose old mans' car just broke down...

Reading comprehension, it's important....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back