'23 Dodge Hornet test of A.W.D. goes haywire

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put the wheels up on some contraption and it threw an ABS code? What did they expect?

They later posted on their blog that it's a pre-production model and Dodge told them it's a known software issue that will be resolved in the production vehicles.

Specifically this is the response from Stellantis
“We are aware of this issue in our pre-production vehicles, which is strictly an electronic issue and requires a quick reflash which does not affect drivability. We’ll review the vehicle and would like to get back to the TFL team as soon as possible for a retesting.”

This channel tries to make stuff do something then play stupid. I'm often suckered into their videos and then let down. The manufacturer tells them there is a known problem, they do what they were told not to, it happens and they make a video like they are shocked.

Will this be another Chrysler 200 or Dodge Dart....High hope and gone in a year or two...
I’m still disappointed by the lack of a Dart SRT. I guess the V6 200’s are close, but they just don’t have that chaotic “we totally weren’t doing illicit drugs when we came up with this idea and we’re still amazed they signed off on it” energy a SRT does.

This channel tries to make stuff do something then play stupid. I'm often suckered into their videos and then let down. The manufacturer tells them there is a known problem, they do what they were told not to, it happens and they make a video like they are shocked.
Yes. I feel like they went from helpful and informative to generating hype for clicks

They need to get back to their roots of testing and reporting.. not generating news.

They later posted on their blog that it's a pre-production model and Dodge told them it's a known software issue that will be resolved in the production vehicles.

Specifically this is the response from Stellantis
I'm still a little irked at TFL. I applied for an internship my senior year majoring in Journalism with a background in racecar repair, trackside set-up and car sales. They hired Roman Micas son. Although I did get to write an article for Nathan Adland as I ran into him at the Denver auto show.

They put the wheels up on some contraption and it threw an ABS code? What did they expect?
BMW and Audi, and the recent Mazda 3 pass this test with flying colors. The X-drive awd actually does really well with the opposite drive test.

Let me rephrase that. How does some yokel get a hold of a press demo vehicle? It's not like he is with Car & Driver or Motor Trend.

High profile youtubers with a lot of subscribers are probably more of an influence than the old car magazines no one reads anymore.

This channel strikes me more of clickbait trash and that "test" is ridiculous. They might as well try tray sliding.

High profile youtubers with a lot of subscribers are probably more of an influence than the old car magazines no one reads anymore.

This channel strikes me more of clickbait trash and that "test" is ridiculous. They might as well try tray sliding.
They produce a lot of pretty good content but some is not so great. That said, I highly disagree with the test being ridiculous. It's a valid test of the AWD and torque vectoring systems and how good they are. It's a good demonstration of how good the computers are at directing torque where it needs to go when it needs to go there. Some vehicles do well in the test and others don't.

I especially like the Ike Gauntlet tests, pretty good towing tests for the extreme end of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back