20k Supertech filter now at walmart

Don't think they are going away, there is a new package for these in white for this part number thus far. Same price too.
Good to see that.
None of those at my local WM, but the auto section there is just a medium sized compared to some.
I am a good 3-4 months from needing either a ST9688 or ST2, so I am ok for now.

Like I said, I am debating the HP7317 though for my bike that is due in a bit.

Good to see that.
None of those at my local WM, but the auto section there is just a medium sized compared to some.
I am a good 3-4 months from needing either a ST9688 or ST2, so I am ok for now.

Like I said, I am debating the HP7317 though for my bike that is due in a bit.
I went to find clearance mobil 1 10w30 but they didn't have any.
The auto section here is small as well. They had a number of random 5qt oils on "clearance" for $18~ not much savings. Some euro a3b4 edge, valvoline high mileage, etc. Funny they had TG7317 in the clearance isle for 3 and change and some other random extra guards. They have new packaging for the Fram Ultra air filters and I got 2x XGA11942 on clearance for 8.99 each (Half price). Planning to change later this year although carfax says it was changed in 2019. 🤷‍♂️

I am debating trying the Supertech MP7317, but just not sure.
If I go Fram, I will probably go with the TG7313.
I just saw that NAPA has the PFL 41356 filter on sale for $7.50 right now, and I have been wanting to try one of those.
Just checked out a MP7317 definitely a Ecore almost bought just to cut for the cause. Picked up a TG7317 instead the Supertech felt and looked really cheap. I almost gotta know now think I'll pick one up to cut next time.

^^^^^ No need to buy and cut open a virgin MP7317, an MP4967 SAE thread cousin to the 6607 cut open in linked video. The MP7317 will be .5-.7" longer, larger element but otherwise identical construction. I finally got to see an MP7317 and others at a another WM today, good supply. Store still selling ST series too. Closest WM store to me wayy behind the curve apparently. Saw that popular app ST3614 still an ecore with combo valve. Not hybrid design, at least not yet. They didn't have MP3614 in stock.

Last edited:
Wow so literally the only difference is the silicone adbv. Looks like good build quality overall. Nice pleat spacing, metal end caps.

One says Made in USA, the other one says Made in USA 90% parts. I wonder if this was new disclosure or a change. What 10% are not USA is the question. 10% measured how, weight, number of parts, volume? How come other filters don't have such disclosure?

One says Made in USA, the other one says Made in USA 90% parts. I wonder if this was new disclosure or a change. What 10% are not USA is the question. 10% measured how, weight, number of parts, volume? How come other filters don't have such disclosure?
What if that 10% part is the "filter" Chinese made or somewhere else. Cutting cost? You get you paid for?

^^^^^ No need to buy and cut open a virgin MP7317, an MP4967 SAE thread cousin to the 6607 cut open in linked video. The MP7317 will be .5-.7" longer, larger element but otherwise identical construction. I finally got to see an MP7317 and others at a another WM today, good supply. Store still selling ST series too. Closest WM store to me wayy behind the curve apparently. Saw that popular app ST3614 still an ecore with combo valve. Not hybrid design, at least not yet. They didn't have MP3614 in stock.

I wish he cut the new white version VS the 20k. From just looking inside when I was at the store they looked the same but I'm curious of any cost cutting changes.

I wish he cut the new white version VS the 20k. From just looking inside when I was at the store they looked the same but I'm curious of any cost cutting changes.
I'm unfamiliar with "new white version", ST? Now as noted, I did see an ST3614 with iirc a 'white' can. However, as noted that was/is still the old ecore with a combo valve. Not new hybrid ecore with separate dome bypass. As 4967 shown in vid and 6607 in a previous yt not long ago changed from all metal to those shown, doubtful they will change internals again any time soon. Same goes for ST9688.

Perhaps they are changing ST can color just to distinguish it from MP series. That would make sense.

Last edited:
See the youtube video 5-6 posts above yours.
I see . I wouldn’t go 20k miles on any oil lol or use it more then 1 time . Back then I do run 2 oil change with ultra . But since then I Learn . 1 filter 1 oil change .

I think fram orange can still a solid choice for other type of vehicles .

Looked at 10575 and whatever the 7317 equivalent is (6607 or something).

Pro in my opinion:
Made in USA.
$5.75 EACH.
E-Core style.
Supposedly enough media to hold dirt for 20k miles.

Con (subjective):
Feels cheap and much lighter than Fram Ultra.
Uninspiring base plate and threaded mount.
Undersized relative to Fram Ultra or Mob1.

So, for me, I'd have to see several before and after cut-aways on these ST 20k filters before I'd consider them on par with proven EP filters. Only then would saving a measley $4 vs Fram Ultra once/twice a year make sense to me.

That said, I am hopeful the new ST EP filters are all they are cracked up to be.

Back