20k Supertech filter now at walmart

Only had two part numbers, 5.48 a piece. They did add the pf64 equivalent. The adbv almost looks blue/purple. It's not like the acdelco color.

Last edited:
Hope they're not jacking up the price of all of them.
20210322_171513.jpg
20210322_172109.jpg

Hmm, I need to check these out.
I have already decided to use the ST9688 on all my future Hyundai/Kia vehicles (once I am through my stash of Fram's), but depending on the construction of the 7317/6607 size, I may use one of these on my Goldwing.
If they are a combo valve design, I will pass for sure though. I really would like a 7317 size filter made like 9688 (regular ADV, metal endcaps). I would rather not use the shortie 6607, but if it is a regular silicone ADV, I will consider it.

This walmart can never stock the supertech filters...they literally only carry a few parts numbers at a time because they never stock and its a cluster **** of a mess even if you can find one that u need. I am not sure if these are specific part numbers or they're adding or replacing the regular supertech filters. Time will tell. I wish walmart would allow u to order these delivered.

2 interesting things I noticed. If u look at the animated drawing of the filter on the box, the end caps are metal on these. Also, they compare this part number to the tough guard equivalent rather than extra guard. By the way, I forgot to mention efficiency was still listed as 99% at 30 microns.

Last edited:
Anyone that would run an oil filter or oil for 20,000 is crazy. 10,000 is bad enough but 20,000 takes the cake. I know that AutoMechanic will not be using that filter at least not for 20,000 miles.
The box did say 20k or 1 year, so what I think is going on is this the m1 filters that champ used to make. If so not a bad deal.

Has anything really changed about ST construction, or is it just the box rec just gone from 10-20k mi? I wouldn't have run the ST3614 10k because it uses a nitrile combo valve for bypass. The ST 9688, 4967&6607 have the newer hybrid ecore design with poppet bypass. Since the latter two were Champ classic metal construction, consider that a wash. I wouldn't call the hybrid design an old Champ made MI filter or similar. Without evidence of a upgrade (doubtful imo for ~$3), not willing to make that leap.

When I tried to check to see if popular ST 3614 application had changed to hybrid design couldn't find one. As mentioned, STs on the very bottom shelf, not well stocked and very disorganized. 'Imo', want a filter for 10-20k miles, get a filter designed for extended oci.

Looking forward to the first c&p. I would consider using as long as it doesn't have the plastic cage for support.

Haven't seen these at the local Walmart's, however I've noticed they no longer carry the mobil one or k@n oil filters it's just an empty shelf.

I would consider using as long as it doesn't have the plastic cage for support.
My "speculation" based on the image on the box and that 'some' ST applications posted have gone to ecore with metal endcaps and poppet bypass, that's what will be found. If the combo valve removed from all applications, that would be an improvement. Make it a 20k mi. filter? Meh for me.

All that said, I'm not seeing an image of the OP "$5.48 with blue/purple" adbv. If a 'replacement' of current ST line that could/would be a significant change from current ST line. Certainly a significant price increase.

Last edited:
Back