2024 Santa Fe

Yes!

KXetR7Y.jpg

xwREQED.jpg

I'm waiting for it to slide off and crash through the window.

Found this: Despite the Santa Fe's boxy looks, designers and engineers have reworked many exterior elements to reduce the drag coefficient to just 0.29 (0.33 on the current model).
But what is the frontal area? Low restriction per unit area times loads of frontal area is still loads of drag.

Bellypans are great--until they turn into sand traps. At least these look better attached than on my Camry (they got removed after the second time I had to pull off and remove sand).
1700839224057.jpg

Wonder how that interior will hold up, I like light colored fabrics but... they tend to stain.

But what is the frontal area? Low restriction per unit area times loads of frontal area is still loads of drag.

Bellypans are great--until they turn into sand traps. At least these look better attached than on my Camry (they got removed after the second time I had to pull off and remove sand).
View attachment 190036

Wonder how that interior will hold up, I like light colored fabrics but... they tend to stain.
There are some really good sealants that can keep fabrics, and leather from staining.

There are some really good sealants that can keep fabrics, and leather from staining.
Between my family and the dog, there is no way it would stay clean.

My old Sonata had a light grey interior. I spent so much time cleaning, sealing etc and seats always got dirty quickly. Give me a black or dark grey cloth and I'm happy.

Nice looking, I like boxy. 3rd row? useable?

They have come a long way from the homely stuff even 8 years ago. I still think their motors are junk and dealership experience is meant for subpar buyers. I hope they reverse both items….

View attachment 190036

Who decides on a vehicle because of the bottom?

Who decides on a vehicle because of the bottom?
Who wouldn't? When I look at a used car, my inspection starts at the bottom and works my way up. Cars rot from the bottom up and all.

In my case our '21 Camry Hybrid had similar bellypads (emphasis on "had"). I found they loaded up with sand and drooped like a well-worn diaper. The first time I shrugged it off (after removing 5 gallons of sand). Second time? they came off and stayed off.

We all have heard them. Do you think product improvement exists? OR-they will continue to have problems? No one wants to have continual problems-it's too costly. Especially motors.
I would certainly hope they would learn if these issues were a costly mistake. I kept hearing for years before the engine issues cropped up how they've gotten really good at making cars. They've come out with a premium brand now & I certainly hope for the sake of owners they look real hard into the issues before buying. I've never owned one of these brands & most likely never will. I hope them the best though. Did they grow too fast & think their cars/engines were ready for prime time?

Reactions: CKN
Back