2024 Maverick

I saw my first Maverick in traffic this morning on my way to work.
I gotta say it looked pretty good to me. Larger than I imagined, albeit with a small but useful bed for 95% of the population. I can see a lot of future SUV buyers going this route in the furture.

I take this as a sign things are coming full circle. Remember when, way back, the Japanese came to the USA with small, cheap, reliable vehicles? I find it ironic Ford just turned that around and did the same thing. I guess lessons take a long time to learn sometimes.

Another way of looking at it is that Ford got back to what the Model T did for people. Give them cheap, reliable transportation.

Addendum........I see Ford has a Tremor version for $40k !!!!
I take back what I said about them learning a lesson LMAO.
IMO, the base XL or XLT is the way to go. NOT a $40k version

Last edited:
I test drove an AWD XLT the other day and was disappointed. TTT was around 35k. It is more like a 25k vehicle. Definitely not worth 35k.

It can be. Because that 5% of the time you then need to rig or rent something for the 6’ utility ends up being once every 3 weeks, or one out of every 20 days, which gets old.

I would have loved a full 4 door cab, but went with an extended cab to get the full 6’ bed. At the real inconvenience of also needing to carry occasional passengers, I’ve also been grateful for the bed space. I look forward to one day hopefully not needing it. I somehow find myself fixing a lot of stuff and doing a lot of DIY.
Or you can have a 4 door cab and a 6.5" bed????
1717088959866.jpg

Pickups are definitely not my thing, but several of my friends own Mavericks and they all love their trucks. So I’d say that the success of the Maverick is well deserved.

Back