2024 Maverick

I like the bigger Tacoma,but it's getting almost Tundra-sized and it needs to get back to the S15 or Ranger Extented Cab size.
Updated 2024 Taco is same length as 2023 previous version. Also available in an extended cab version.
Price on the other hand is up big time.

Screenshot_20240518_063101_Chrome.jpg

I've had mine for about 15 months and 15k miles. I love it. I've moved my daughter to and from college, moved my mom from IA to NE, hauled 10' boards and sheets of plywood, etc. The pics below was when I recently moved my daughter back from college. We were packed inside and out. You can see the speed and MPG we got on the way home (going with a slight wind). We averaged 28.5 for the 205 mi trip.

View attachment 219873View attachment 219874View attachment 219875
I remember taking my youngest daughter to college the Buick enclave loaded with all the seats down. Three years later she drives herself everything fits in her Elantra 😂.

I miss my Tundra but not working on it. Small truck would be much easier all around. But not sure if I would leave the bed open or add a topper.

Thing is, if I add a topper, isn’t that just a station wagon then?

I remember taking my youngest daughter to college the Buick enclave loaded with all the seats down. Three years later she drives herself everything fits in her Elantra 😂.
Unfortunately, she did not have a roommate, so she had a whole dorm room to herself. Too much "stuff"!

Absolutely love mine. Mine is a front wheel drive eco-boost 38,000 miles trouble free miles. I’m also a Ford tech so I see when these come in the shop and they never do except for recalls. One thing I will say keep up on transmission maintenance every 30,000 miles change the transmission fluid, eight speeds like to develop transmission converter shutter. And you might get a recall in the mail for a BCM or PCM update. Do not have it done just yet I’ve seen too many people have problems after the updates. That’s why I haven’t done it on my car because I don’t trust Ford software yet.

IMG_1860.jpg

I have made it by renting $15 trailers from U-Haul or Tractor Supply (6x10 aluminum).
I can't just stop at the store on the way by, I can't move my kids into the dorm in the city, I can't just load something my wife bought 300 miles away from home, can't take my trash just whenever I please. Sure, if I just want to haul mulch twice a year. Of course if your planning ahead just have your mulch delivered.

I can't just stop at the store on the way by, I can't move my kids into the dorm in the city, I can't just load something my wife bought 300 miles away from home, can't take my trash just whenever I please. Sure, if I just want to haul mulch twice a year. Of course if your planning ahead just have your mulch delivered.
Myself when I used to borrow my parents 2000 Tundra I’d rent/borrow neighbor trailer half the time with heavier as loading and unloading what I needed is far easier with load at near arm height. Hoping in/out and reaching into truck not fun. That includes the 40 bags of $2 mulch on sale at Lowe’s or cord of wood.

The maverick seems perfect because load is not terrible and if you exceed size capacity you grab a trailer.

Absolutely love mine. Mine is a front wheel drive eco-boost 38,000 miles trouble free miles. I’m also a Ford tech so I see when these come in the shop and they never do except for recalls. One thing I will say keep up on transmission maintenance every 30,000 miles change the transmission fluid, eight speeds like to develop transmission converter shutter. And you might get a recall in the mail for a BCM or PCM update. Do not have it done just yet I’ve seen too many people have problems after the updates. That’s why I haven’t done it on my car because I don’t trust Ford software yet.

View attachment 220032

What's your gas mileage ? I've seen in the upper 20s' at sites . Great looking truck ! Prices look to becoming near normal , so don't last long on the lots .

So driving around 95% of time carrying 6ft vs 4ft of air is critical?

It can be. Because that 5% of the time you then need to rig or rent something for the 6’ utility ends up being once every 3 weeks, or one out of every 20 days, which gets old.

I would have loved a full 4 door cab, but went with an extended cab to get the full 6’ bed. At the real inconvenience of also needing to carry occasional passengers, I’ve also been grateful for the bed space. I look forward to one day hopefully not needing it. I somehow find myself fixing a lot of stuff and doing a lot of DIY.

I was looking at a Maverick as a possible replacement for our aging Crosstrek. We love our AWD hybrid Rav4 and were dismayed to discover that the hybrid Maverick is not available with AWD. That's a deal breaker for us.

These are the trucks that need to be in more driveways. Ford definitely got it right.
But Ford doesn't make enough of them...I guess they prefer selling $70K (higher profit) pickups. If Mavericks, especially non-loaded Hybrid versions, were readily available at sticker price they'd sell like hotcakes IMO.

Then it wouldn't be a small truck.
Make it a crew cab instead of double cab and you can have a 6 ft. bed. I know most of the mid and small trucks sold come with a 5 ft. bed. But some of us actually want to use a truck to haul stuff. The 5 ft. bed is very limiting. You'd be amazed at what that extra foot can mean when you haul stuff. Of course you aren't going to be having 4 adults riding around comfortably in it but that's what an SUV is for.

Back