2024 Maverick

I work at a huge ford dealership that sells at least 6-8 cars a day. We just can’t keep these mavericks on the lot!

We get lots of mavericks every week, and all of them fly off the lot even before we park it on the lot for display. They never ever sit on the lot for more than 2-3 days. Maverick is the vehicle that we sell the most, and it’s because Ford is the only one that makes a small truck, that is good looking, has a nice interior, gets 40mpg, and costs around $32,000 (higher or lower depending on the trim and options).

People love it, because most people actually do not want a full size or a midsize truck just to daily drive it to work and do weekend shopping. People just want something they can drive daily, gets excellent fuel economy, park easily, has a nice looking interior, can easily sit 5 people, and occasionally carry bigger and heavier items on the bed.

Ford really did hit the nail right on the head with the Maverick. We really needed a small truck in America, and ford delivered! Kind of surprising GM and Chrysler hasn’t already jumped in on the small truck market.

Lately I have been seeing way more Mavericks, sometimes as many as 3 or 4 in a single one-way commute. Glad to see/hear Ford is finally cranking them out. When they were introduced I thought it was a stroke of genius, but the launch never got off the ground the way it should have due to the dreaded virus incident and dealers who wanted 10k ADM's on them.

The hybrid Maverick should do well in poor weather since it has a full size spare under the tail end and large battery under the middle of it making for good weight distribution for traction . The O.E.M. CONTINENTAL ProContact TX (H-rated ) do well in snow, rain , etc.. They also have good L.R.R.. Had those as O.E.M. for the '18 Accent . I would use winter tires with studs .

Last edited:
Which would be what? NOT a truck?
For whatever reason, people buy the wrong vehicle. I think they see "truck" and assume a Maverick can tow their 30' trailer with ease like a F-450. It was just like when the Transit Connects came out and people would buy the cargo version and complain that the inside was noisy and it didn't have any insulation.

I just got back now from a Popeyes run. Seriously this is without any effort. You can't beat a Hybrid Maverick.
1000003109.jpg

Your mom made a good choice. I love when my Hybrid Maverick wants coincide with my needs.

Anytime you can easily get over 40 mpg in a truck, can fit it in a typical garage and park it in a regular size parking space, it’s a win/win decision.

I put almost 210,000 miles on the same Ford 2.5L Hybrid engine combination in a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I plan on doing the same with the Maverick.

To those who want a longer bed, RV pulling tow rating or stump pulling torque - simply buy a Ram/F150 or Silverado.

My mom traded in her 2013 Accord V6 with 96k miles for this new Maverick. Cactus Gray, FX4 as that was the only one they had available. Shes 64 and this truck should last her a while. Those of you who own one, how do you like it? She wanted something more versatile, and not always have to rely on me to haul mulch/gas cans, even though shes my mom and I dont mind at all. I think it will serve her well.

View attachment 219479
Is this the Hybrid or turbo?

I've had mine for about 15 months and 15k miles. I love it. I've moved my daughter to and from college, moved my mom from IA to NE, hauled 10' boards and sheets of plywood, etc. The pics below was when I recently moved my daughter back from college. We were packed inside and out. You can see the speed and MPG we got on the way home (going with a slight wind). We averaged 28.5 for the 205 mi trip.

thumbnail_IMG_9154.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9152.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9157.jpg

Back