2024 Detroit GP

The worst Indycar race I have ever seen. The yellow flag laps had to be 1/3 of the race. The course is to short, and 2 narrow. Either get rid of Detroit or go to Belle isles. Also if they think 1.6 mile course is ok why can’t they come to the northeast and use Lime Rock. I was going to Toronto but changed my mind. It was a travesty of a race…sorry for the rant.

The cars are rolling billboard cookie cutters. The races are boring. The old Offy roadsters were a thrill. In '65 Jim Clark added this Lotus. Later Andy Granatelli's turbine car. That was the golden age of Indy Car racing; Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Rick Mears, the Unsers.

Steep Downhill since.

1717429445081.jpg

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

The cars are rolling billboard cookie cutters. The races are boring. The old Offy roadsters were a thrill. In '65 Jim Clark added this Lotus. Later Andy Granatelli's turbine car. That was the golden age of Indy Car racing; Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Rick Mears, the Unsers.

Steep Downhill since.

View attachment 222959
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Agree, but don’t forget the CART era with Lola, March, Reynard, and the Penske PCs (their own design and builds). And of course the 1,000+ horsepower Cosworth DFXs and massive horsepower Buick V6s.

As an aside I used to work with Jimmy Vasser’s mother when he was a kid racing quarter midgets.

Scott

The worst Indycar race I have ever seen. The yellow flag laps had to be 1/3 of the race. The course is to short, and 2 narrow. Either get rid of Detroit or go to Belle isles. Also if they think 1.6 mile course is ok why can’t they come to the northeast and use Lime Rock. I was going to Toronto but changed my mind. It was a travesty of a race…sorry for the rant.
Agree with everything you say. That Detroit track is suitable for off-road go carts, if there even is such a thing. How IndyCar can race there in good conscience is beyond me. And what driver could possibly look forward to racing on that POS track.

I’ve been to Lime Rock, a fantastic course. Laguna Seca is my home track. My Dad took me there for the first time in ‘66 or ‘67 to see the the epic Can Am series. To this day I still prefer Laguna’s original 1.9 mile layout.

Scott

Last edited:
Back