2023 Nissan Titan

Speaking for Ram since I own one; you can easily get north of 10,000 pounds with the 3.92 axle in a big horn trim and hemi or ED. My payload is 1750 (door sticker), good luck matching that in the Titan as I've never seen that. My truck is rated around 8000 pounds, if I had ordered the 3.92 that would give me an additional 3000 pounds.

Even the GM 2.7 turbo has a 9000 pound rating these days. No "unique combo" needed.

I'm also done arguing this, buy and like as you wish.
1,690 is the highest for 2021 Titans unless you go up to the XD, then it's 2,390, random dealer website I just googled.

Also the majority of 1/2 ton trucks are rated for 10,000 or LESS for towing. It’s always a unique combo that no one buys that has some insane rating where as every 1/2 ton titan since 2017 has at least a 9200 lb rating.
Lots of 11-14k 1/2 tons out there. Only the lighter chassis 2.7TT are under for Ford. Titan chassis seems capable. Don't know what's keeping it at 9700lbs. Transmission?

1673553878209.png

I keep hearing some people say this, yet what does this have to do with the price on ice cream on wednesdays?
I compleetly do not udnerstand this "logic".
At some point all models get either replaced or discontinuted ( even if this will happen which is by no means assured) so even if a name plate were to be around for infinity it would not do anything for spare parts supply t=since those would be redesigns.

The Titan is one of the most reliable trucks on the market, with great perfomance, fantastic ergonomic interior not obverloaded, One of the best engines ( closed deck titanium valves, forged everything, Molybdenum sleeves, etc etc) and the best warranty on the business. 5 yr/100000 mile bumper to bumper.

I dont own one but if I were in the markert for a fullsize truck I'd run, not walk, to my Nissan dealer.
It doesn't if you plan to run it in to the ground. However if you don't plan to do so then you will take an absolute beating on resale. Nissan mind you is already very poor on resale value anyway. Conversely, the F150 holds strong resale value despite the fact of the updating that has taken place over the last several years. They
( Nissan)sold 12,000 units last year. Not many people running to buy their trucks.

Last edited:
Lots of 11-14k 1/2 tons out there. Only the lighter chassis 2.7TT are under for Ford. Titan chassis seems capable. Don't know what's keeping it at 9700lbs. Transmission?

View attachment 135201

To be fair, I think those are max ratings. So those numbers are for work truck/entry level trims with "0" features added, every time you go up a trim or add features the max ratings are reduced.

But yes, even with that in mind, many trucks are rated to tow north of 10,000 provided the right engine and rear axle ratio is selected. My exact truck has a difference of 3000 pounds depending on the 3.21 vs 3.92, I specifically ordered the 3.21 as I'm not towing more than 8000 pounds and wanted max fuel efficiency when not towing.

View attachment 135201
You didn’t read the lettering outlined in red above. Most 6.2 GM trucks are barely rated over 9,000 lbs. Most people aren’t buying stripped trucks.

Google is your friend here-the Titan IS DEAD. It's been announced already. They cannot keep the product viable with minuscule sales.

Isnt the RAM hemi dead as well?

Dodge has already announced it's going to be replaced by the turbo inline 6.

So RAM is going the way Toyota did with it's V8. I'm sure the turbo will have good numbers. I just came out of a 5.3 Silverado in to the Eco boost 3.5. I can tell you it's a night and day difference. The 3.5 is one awesome motor.

So RAM is going the way Toyota did with it's V8. I'm sure the turbo will have good numbers. I just came out of a 5.3 Silverado in to the Eco boost 3.5. I can tell you it's a night and day difference. The 3.5 is one awesome motor.

I'm sure its paper numbers will be good, but its a total unknown as as to how reliable a truck engine it will be.

Here's a coyote, and a 3.5 on a rack with the mechanic showing common problems he sees on both, the first gen 3.5 had a number of issues.
I towed my 30 foot offshore boat thousands of miles with 2 different 3.5 and like it a lot.

I dont expect stellantis will get it all right in round 1, even toyota had issues with the early tundras and its still an unknown as to how it will age.

A)It doesn't if you plan to run it in to the ground. However if you don't plan to do so then you will take an absolute beating on resale. Nissan mind you is already very poor on resale value anyway. Conversely, the F150 holds strong resale value despite the fact of the updating that has taken place over the last several years. They
B)( Nissan)sold 12,000 units last year. Not many people running to buy their trucks.
A) I looked for the past 3 years very hard at prices of Titans and Frontiers, especially Frontiers.
And I simply could not find the "lost Nissan value", so beloved of some commentators, otherwise I would have purchased one.
B) Their loss.

A local dealer has two PRO4X Titans in stock. a 21 and a 22.
Both a great sand-tan tactical color.
The '22, with 15,000 miles is priced approx 12k below new MSRP.
I was tempted, for 50k, that is a LOT of vehicle but I just dont have use for a full sizer.

All v8's are on the short list for the grim reaper, some sooner than others. I don't believe Ram has officially stated the hemi won't be an option anymore for their trucks, but yes the I6 is coming to the Ram.

I decided I didn’t want to travel out of state towing a boat with a 20 year old truck. My only real non-negotiable criteria for a truck was that it be 4x4 and be able to tow my 4000 pound tractor + trailer. I settled on a 2017 Titan for these reasons:

1) I could find one with a towing package but minimal other unnecessary crap.
2) A powerful 300+ HP engine was standard.
3) It came with a five year 100k mile warranty.
4) I could buy one for thousands less than the other comparable brands.
5) It was actually made by US workers (unlike my GM truck).

When I look back five years later I still don’t see how I could logically have chosen any other full-sized truck for my particular set of needs.

A) I looked for the past 3 years very hard at prices of Titans and Frontiers, especially Frontiers.
And I simply could not find the "lost Nissan value", so beloved of some commentators, otherwise I would have purchased one.
B) Their loss.

A local dealer has two PRO4X Titans in stock. a 21 and a 22.
Both a great sand-tan tactical color.
The '22, with 15,000 miles is priced approx 12k below new MSRP.
I was tempted, for 50k, that is a LOT of vehicle but I just dont have use for a full sizer.
Well that's really something since three years ago they ( new before the c situation ) were widely available for $12,000.00 off sticker. So it sounds like the used ones were merely over priced.

Back