2022 Toyota Tundra

Toyota did a good job cherry-picking the best features from the big three and combining them into one truck. We got Ram’s 5 link rear axle, Fords TT V6/TT V6 Hybrid, and GM’s . . . . I dont know what they borrowed from GM but whatever. Its a well rounded truck. I guess we will see what happens when people test them out.

I will say though that not having an answer to the inverter system of the Ford Powerboost is a negative. That is a very cool feature and would absolutely pay for it to run my camper off grid.

The other issue I see is the payload. If the maximum for all configurations(including a 2wd double cab) is 1940 lbs then It sounds like it may not be improved much.

Last edited:
Waiting for the redesign when the big maw design language gets phased out.

*2nd gen 1st year tundra furby flashbacks*

Love it!

Wish I were in the market for a half-ton!

Ill likely keep my Tacoma forever, but eventually relegate it to non-DD status.

Now, I might eventually be in the market for a new generation Sequoia.

Last edited:
umm… wow. big nope from me. at some point looks matter-especially if you have to pay money for it.

Looks like they announced the engines… a 3.5L twin turbo V6 making 389 HP and 479lb ft of torque, and a hybrid version making 437 HP and a whopping 583lb ft of torque both mated to a 10 speed auto. I might have to trade my Ram in 🤔
Until it derates while towing. Waiting on the TFLtruck Gauntlet.
And if you don't use it for real work, it bocomes a "who has the biggest you know what".

NiMH for the hybrid battery. Interesting choice.

Wow, 1200lbs payload on one of the loaded models. That's pretty meh. (Yes, I know that F150's get down to around 1500 on the Lariats and Platinum loaded 4X4's)

Jeebus. You're going to have to clean out the small birds that get trapped in the grill.

I have a Ford F150 and it's been great, but I'm not brand loyal (had a '03 Silverado Z71 that was awesome too).
I don't think these things are going to sell. The county boys who drive pickups every day are going to stick to the big three that actually look like a truck (yes, even Chevy compared to this!). They will not rush to the dealer to buy an Autobot.

Toyota did a good job cherry-picking the best features from the big three and combining them into one truck. We got Ram’s 5 link rear axle, Fords TT V6/TT V6 Hybrid, and GM’s . . . . I dont know what they borrowed from GM but whatever. Its a well rounded truck. I guess we will see what happens when people test them out.

I will say though that not having an answer to the inverter system of the Ford Powerboost is a negative. That is a very cool feature and would absolutely pay for it to run my camper off grid.

The other issue I see is the payload. If the maximum for all configurations(including a 2wd double cab) is 1940 lbs then It sounds like it may not be improved much.
they took the layout and features from gm's infotainment. they way the cameras look, the shot down the trailer from the side view mirror, the driver profiles. that's all gm tech.

Not enough Payload for what I do, but the numbers are impressive.
Looks are subjective, I think it has the big grill for cooling. It is going to have to suck in some air when it is running high in the RPMs while towing.

I'd definitely prefer the hybrid version. Especially after driving my brother's '21 Sienna yesterday which are only available as hybrids now.

Last edited:
Truck ? That is the ugliest vehicle of any kind I have ever seen … Maybe all black ?
The 2015 Ford wasn't pretty, In fact, it looks related.
f150 2015.jpg

2022-Toyota.jpg

Toyota beats the horsepower of the Ford F-150 hybrid and if Tundra’s so far unnaounce MPG is better than the Ford’s 24/24/24 for 4x4 models then Toyota the world leader in hybrid engines wins there too.

Not enough Payload for what I do, but the numbers are impressive.
Looks are subjective, I think it has the big grill for cooling. It is going to have to suck in some air when it is running high in the RPMs while towing.
Yeah … the 1500 numbers are pushed into more cooling and that takes some grill

F9E63D53-C961-41D6-BA04-27E193AA801D.jpeg

Do you need a stepstool to reach the oil dipstick? Or the radiator cap for that matter....

Back