2022 Toyota Tundra Leaked Images Lead To Official Reveal

I’m just not a fan of the front end of any trucks these days. Each one tries to be over the top of the next, each one worse than the last. I get the need to have lots of radiator front area given the inefficiency of IC and the heat loads at rated power. But wow.

The rest looks like every other one.

Ram and Ford are def the most conservative in their designs. The 2021 F150 was pretty underwhelming in the looks department. Its no hideous but not anything special either.

The Tundra takes the win in the grille department by a mile.

I have a feeling this will be the like the BMW grille enlargement for me. I hated it in print but in person it actually looks good.

Looks alright. Not a fan of the “Frap-tor” grille. Before anyone says it’s the law, sit down. I call bull poop. A dually has them on the roof. They have for years. Ford started a trend 10 years ago. Fiat finally followed and now ‘Yoda.

It needs slightly oversized and meatier tires and a 2” lift to look proportional IMO. Why they have sissy tires on this thing I’ll never understand.
sissy tires because alot of these trucks are never going to see any towing or off roading.

and the grille looks like my sandwich.

I'll be the odd one out here and say I like it, giant grill and all.

And I think the giant grill trend started way back in '94 with the Dodge Ram.

1624754493403.png

I like it.

Vast improvement over the current Tundra.

From looking at profile photos, they’ve also removed the “bubble-like”, rounded shape to the aft part of the cab, which gives it a tougher look.

To everyone saying that the tires are small, you need to understand that there’s a huge market for aftermarket suspension and wheels, especially among Toyota truck buyers. A good percentage of the guys who buy these immediately install a lifted aftermarket suspension, and a set of chunky all-terrain tires, whether they’re hitting Baja, or want to hop the curb at the local Target on a Saturday afternoon.

Heck, I just bought a set of front and rear OEM suspension from a new 2021 Tacoma with less than 400 miles on it off a guy on Tacoma World. He put aftermarket Bilsteins on it as soon as he bought it. It’ll be a good upgrade for my 2007 with 238,000+ miles!

Back to the Tundra - It’ll be a huge seller for Toyota. Like others, I’m looking forward to powertrain details, but from what I’ve heard, it’s highly likely that it will have a version of the current turbo 3.4L V6 from the Lexus LS500.

What will be even more interesting will be if Toyota decides to actually give the PRO version a powertrain upgrade in addition to the suspension and trim and “looks” package it’s always (rather boringly) consisted of. I doubt Toyota has the stones to attempt a head-to-head challenge of the likes of the TRX (or even the Raptor). But SOMETHING more than the current offering would make the package much more appealing, especially considering that, judging from the Toyota forums, even the guys who buy the TRD-PRO versions immediately start upgrading suspension.

I like it.

Vast improvement over the current Tundra.

From looking at profile photos, they’ve also removed the “bubble-like”, rounded shape to the aft part of the cab, which gives it a tougher look.

To everyone saying that the tires are small, you need to understand that there’s a huge market for aftermarket suspension and wheels, especially among Toyota truck buyers. A good percentage of the guys who buy these immediately install a lifted aftermarket suspension, and a set of chunky all-terrain tires, whether they’re hitting Baja, or want to hop the curb at the local Target on a Saturday afternoon.

Heck, I just bought a set of front and rear OEM suspension from a new 2021 Tacoma with less than 400 miles on it off a guy on Tacoma World. He put aftermarket Bilsteins on it as soon as he bought it. It’ll be a good upgrade for my 2007 with 238,000+ miles!

Back to the Tundra - It’ll be a huge seller for Toyota. Like others, I’m looking forward to powertrain details, but from what I’ve heard, it’s highly likely that it will have a version of the current turbo 3.4L V6 from the Lexus LS500.

What will be even more interesting will be if Toyota decides to actually give the PRO version a powertrain upgrade in addition to the suspension and trim and “looks” package it’s always (rather boringly) consisted of. I doubt Toyota has the stones to attempt a head-to-head challenge of the likes of the TRX (or even the Raptor). But SOMETHING more than the current offering would make the package much more appealing, especially considering that, judging from the Toyota forums, even the guys who buy the TRD-PRO versions immediately start upgrading suspension.
From what we have heard thus far it will sell to the Toyota faithful-as their isn't anything there for those who buy RAM, Ford, Chevrolet. Last time I looked they only sell about 10,000 units a month-the last nine years. And their production will be constrained due to manufacturing the redesigned Sequoia at the same plant. They claim they are out to win the "pickup wars"-but if you look at things more closely-it's just hype.

From what we have heard thus far it will sell to the Toyota faithful-as their isn't anything there for those who buy RAM, Ford, Chevrolet. Last time I looked they only sell about 10,000 units a month-the last nine years. And their production will be constrained due to manufacturing the redesigned Sequoia at the same plant. They claim they are out to win the "pickup wars"-but if you look at things more closely-it's just hype.
What do you mean when you say that there “isn’t anything there for those who buy Ram, Ford, and Chevrolet“?

And, as far as direct comparisons go, we have no idea yet, so you can’t pronounce any kind of judgment.

The Tundra takes the win in the grille department by a mile.
Win as in ugliest??

I'll be the odd one out here and say I like it, giant grill and all.

And I think the giant grill trend started way back in '94 with the Dodge Ram.

View attachment 61583
Yet that was imo a handsome looking truck. Ditto for the Chevy trucks of the time, both the C/K series and the Silverado series.

A mid 90s K-Blazer, red, in sport trim with the 6.5L turbo diesel would be a great truck.

sissy tires because alot of these trucks are never going to see any towing or off roading.

Sissy tires because AT tires are marginal across all use cases except for “looks cool.”

And let's not forget that oversized tires are like putting skis on a car in the snow. Though owners usually think it has the opposite effect.

And let's not forget that oversized tires are like putting skis on a car in the snow. Though owners usually think it has the opposite effect.
Even in mud I find that beyond a 285 they stay up in softer mud and spin too much … when you need to find a deeper layer … 285’s normally a good size for sand as well …

It kicks bum.

I put new 33.5" Kenda Klever RT's on my lifted F-150 tow rig. We just came back from up North where my wife and I attended our club ride up the Mt Washington Auto road. They had us pahk the truck and trailer on a wet, crappy grass hill. It started to downpour when leaving and my truck didn't even slip. With my old Coopers, I would have needed 4wd to get out.

Back