2022 Renault Kwid - I didn't know you could still buy a car this basic

looks like around $6000 including indian road taxes fees etc. "$6043 on road price"

Thats assuming my google Fu was strong today.

Exterior styling on that's pretty good too! Not shamefully cheap or overly pretentious. It looks like it wants to go, like a puppy.

TangibleWeeklyCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif

It gives massive Dacia Sandero vibes 😂

That would be an immediate BITOG favourite if sold in North America, with so little in the way of "gadgets" and "nannies" lol.
In the land of big trucks and SUVs 90% of BITOG posters wouldn't be caught dead in one, complaining of how cramped it is inside, how low it's to the ground and how slow it drives.

Seems similar to the Hyundai i10 we rented in Iceland last summer.

Hilariously underpowered and cramped. But with a car like this, you just need to appreciate it for what it is. We thrashed the thing for a week and even with gas at $8+/gal it was a hoot to just give it a go and wind the thing out.

To quote a famous BITOG'er when a previous amusing review was posted:
"What's next? A review on the Uber car you rode in?"

;)

Well, since you mention it... :ROFLMAO:

I was in the absolute worst Uber on this trip, an 11th gen Corolla with a broken speedo, check engine light and most concerning...a low fuel light. Somehow I made it to my destination.

I was in the absolute worst Uber on this trip, an 11th gen Corolla with a broken speedo, check engine light and most concerning...a low fuel light. Somehow I made it to my destination.
Uber drivers in my experience are the fastest drivers I’ve ever ridden with of anyone. They haul some major ass lol.

Rode in one to Sky Harbor, a Prius and you could see the odometer and it had almost 300k on it. Must have been original struts, it rode so harsh and was INSANE loud.

Picked up the 2013 CX-5 a year ago. While it's not stripped down like that, it does have cable operated temperature and blend doors. And 3 pedals, which is fun. I haven't seen those since my 1990 golf.

Sounds like a cab I once got in Toronto. Clapped out interior and shook something awful on the freeway. I had my doubts whether we'd even make it to the airport. Someone was getting every last bit of goodness out of that one.

Reactions: JC1
I currently have a 2022 Renault Kwid as a rental, and I have to write about it because this thing is so hilariously simple and basic. I didn't know you could buy a car in 2022 without cruise, tilt, rear window defogger or a clutch/ignition interlock. It has exposed metal in the cargo area, Apollo brand 165/70R14 tires, one windshield wiper, levers attached by a cable to open the rear hatch, fuel filler door and switch between recirc and fresh air. To top it all off, it's powered by a 67 hp 1.0 3 cylinder. Surprisingly, it has ABS and 2 air bags, but a big no on traction or stability control. Android Auto is onboard as well!

Considering what it is, the ride, handling, steering feel and brakes all are pretty good. The engine however is woefully underpowered, I was in third trying to maintain 80 km/h up a hill on the freeway and it wasn't happy, I think hills might be the bane of its existence. You can also feel the A/C compressor kick on and off with an accompanying loss of power. It also has the most bizarre LCD screen for the gauges I've ever seen, along with the power door locks and window controls in the center stack.

5n04KSQ.jpg

9zMmAlF.jpg

MpnXXHE.jpg

vFgxIRi.jpg

LBvkH5Z.jpg

usbYF0w.jpg

cxigZvZ.jpg

bZRiDQK.jpg

g3gLZCN.jpg

nNERrxU.jpg
RHD - where are you visiting? UK? India? NZ/Oz? South Africa? Assuming not Japan.

Never thought I’d say this, but the Mitsubishi Mirage looks more plush that this.

The amount of seam sealer under the hood is….laughable. It’s like they were building a puzzle with mismatched pieces and decided to send it. Thanks for the refreshing reminder of what a basic vehicle is.

Reactions: JC1
You usually don't find a vehicle this new with unsealed connectors under the hood. But both the washer pump and wiper motor connector are open to the elements (and, quite frankly, look to be about the quality of connectors you'd expect to find on a Chinese scooter...)

You usually don't find a vehicle this new with unsealed connectors under the hood. But both the washer pump and wiper motor connector are open to the elements (and, quite frankly, look to be about the quality of connectors you'd expect to find on a Chinese scooter...)
just a basic weatherpack connector

who cares

Back