2022 Ford Maverick

Ford has hit it here…..I usually haul 3 mountain bikes and camping gear, plus water. Perfect with the hybrid! This is a well organized durable power plant. Better than a 1996 v6 Tacoma.

I just placed an order for new parts for my 1990 Ranger XLT after seeing the Maverick.. My Ranger will be turning over 90K for the first time in the next few days. Guess I'll be keeping it till some inspired designer comes up with a truck that I can get into without having to climb and load and unload a decent sized bed by just reaching over the side of it. Also be nice to be able to step on the back bumper and swing my leg over the tailgate without having to have a HF step stool just to get to the bumper. Maybe I want too much.

I just placed an order for new parts for my 1990 Ranger XLT after seeing the Maverick.. My Ranger will be turning over 90K for the first time in the next few days. Guess I'll be keeping it till some inspired designer comes up with a truck that I can get into without having to climb and load and unload a decent sized bed by just reaching over the side of it. Also be nice to be able to step on the back bumper and swing my leg over the tailgate without having to have a HF step stool just to get to the bumper. Maybe I want too much.
Are you an Oompa Loompa?

A lot of hate it seems for this thing... I don't know, I think it'll sell like hot cakes. You have a $20k-25k compact truck that'll seat as many as a Civic/Accord, Camry, Sonata, etc. with similar interior room. The bed can have a $200-300 cover and instantly becomes a big trunk. I think this will seriously attrack many younger audiences with children who want a truck style/needs who have a compact sedan budget. With the bed, this will carry a lot more than a similarly priced SUV. This already could fit two kids in car seats and put a stroller in the bed easier than an Escape.

I just placed an order for new parts for my 1990 Ranger XLT after seeing the Maverick.. My Ranger will be turning over 90K for the first time in the next few days. Guess I'll be keeping it till some inspired designer comes up with a truck that I can get into without having to climb and load and unload a decent sized bed by just reaching over the side of it. Also be nice to be able to step on the back bumper and swing my leg over the tailgate without having to have a HF step stool just to get to the bumper. Maybe I want too much

Typical misinformation and unsubstantiated opinions by Scotty. He is entertaining though.
A month from now he will be loving it in a different video

I’m really excited for this truck. I think it’s a great urban vehicle and has a lot of functionality for its size. I just went and ordered mine at the dealer. Weather I like it when it arrives is a different story but it looks great on paper.

I’m really excited for this truck. I think it’s a great urban vehicle and has a lot of functionality for its size. I just went and ordered mine at the dealer. Weather I like it when it arrives is a different story but it looks great on paper.
What did you get?

when I lived in DC, fullsize trucks just weren’t practical at all. A lot of parking garages couldn’t handle them (too tall), the mpg was too crummy for the typical 80 mile/day commute, and general maneuverability was poor in tight confines. It was taco, frontier, ranger, or go home. yes you could own and drive one, but you paid for it if you didn’t have a genuine practical need. I succumbed to minivan life, which carried people, towed a pop-up and carried a PA with ease. Maverick would be good in-city. If it’s too small it might have a hard time competing on beltway olympics but it would fit the traffic patterns with more ease than a full-size. I really, really do prefer RWD - a lot, but FWD has a solid “get your loved ones home” advantage in the snow.

What did you get?
I got a black xlt hybrid with the co-pilot 360, luxury package, mud flaps, manual sliding rear window, all weather floor mats, hard rollup tonneau cover.
Capture.jpg

while awd is nice in poor weather and rear wheel drive is cool I find front wheel drive to be very competent in the snow and such especially with chains. Im happy they went with front wheel drive for this vehicle as my ford ranger being rear wheel drive is terrible in any bad weather because its so light in the back.

FWD = CUV with the back cut off. Not a truck. And that 20K price is fantasy land.
Better off with a Bronco Sport. At least the cargo area is enclosed. Basically the same vehicle but different powertrain.

I am enjoying my Ecosport, that I got new for under 17K with major rebates. Very Comfortable and better quality than my wife's new Outback which, surprisingly, is turning out to be a real Junkbox. It has been cost reduced to death. I have to get her to sell that.

FWD = CUV with the back cut off. Not a truck. And that 20K price is fantasy land.
Better off with a Bronco Sport. At least the cargo area is enclosed. Basically the same vehicle but different powertrain.

I am enjoying my Ecosport, that I got new for under 17K with major rebates. Very Comfortable and better quality than my wife's new Outback which, surprisingly, is turning out to be a real Junkbox. It has been cost reduced to death. I have to get her to sell that.
I’ve driven the ecosport many times. I actually like it besides the swinging open rear. I wish it had a hatch instead. I do like the 1.0l engine though.

I am sure it will appeal to urban/suburbanites who occasionally need the utility of a pickup bed but don't need or want a bed on frame pickup truck. The base price of the FWD Hybrid is appealing but FWD in a truck is a non-starter for me. Any towing/hauling unloads the front drive wheels. Have you ever tried to pull a boat out of the water on a wet ramp with FWD? Not fun.

Back