2022 Ford Maverick

Ford has targeted a wide group. Think about it....you want a truck, do you need a 60K truck that pulls 5K pounds? Most of us don't. They are a PITA to park with these new small parking lots. Most trucks are weekend warrior types.....go to Lowes get some gravel, fertilizer, buy a new mower, etc. etc. This thing will fill that niche. It's got more interior room than most cars, plus, you get a truck bed. But wait....for 20K? AND up to 40 MPG? This thing will sell like hotcakes. It kind of looks like a Ridgeline though. I was wondering, did Ford get the chip shortage straightened out? I mean, they got plenty of 2021 models sitting at the factory awaiting parts but they are rolling out new models??? I don't get it.

There are dedicated chips that can be variably programmed. The companies I worked for always built chips with multiple ways to configure them so that the costs could be spread around for multiple applications, interfaces, etc. I think a lot of newer cars include some FPGAs, which are programmable. They're not as efficient or even as cheap as dedicated chips, but there's more flexibility and an ability to just stockpile what you need and then figure out how to program them later.

I think Ford was thinking ahead when they came out with the Maverick.I was hoping they would they would have called it Courier.After watch all the youtube videos you can tell Ford researched and did their homework.Making the best out of the 4.5 foot bed,excellant fuel milage,and the addition of four wheel drive.A 4000 pound tow package could cover a lot of peoples needs.I just want to wait untill they hit the lots and see have easy they are getting in and out in all four doors.For the younger crowd it wouldn't bother them but for us older Americans that could be a deal breaker.

The Maverick being a CUV with a pickup body should be very easy to egress for the driver compared to a normal full size pickup or sedan

Rear seats? Possibly meh.

Good timing. Reminds me of another small truck.

25C9D062-F216-463B-9154-803AEAF16DC8.jpg

I like the idea. Love Ford hybrids.
But Ford tried to make it hip and kool and the color choices stink.

Plastics are industrial and look cheap and the colors are 70's psychedelic inside.

The seats are the typical Ford brew which are designed to torture all occupants.

It does have numerous unique features and will be a phenomenal seller and eventually they will remove the millennial cuteness.

I priced the XLT pretty well loaded for just under $27k for the Hybrid.

Eventually I think you will see one in just about every driveway

NOT bad but NO CVT + i need a bigger box + loose 2 doors. if i could haul half a ton + either a standard cab preferred but the extended club cab would be OK!!

I hear you on that. No thanks to CVTs..... they are fine until they start acting up then good luck finding someone to work on it after the warranty is expired.

I hear you on that. No thanks to CVTs..... they are fine until they start acting up then good luck finding someone to work on it after the warranty is expired.

The Maverick does not have a transmission at all just a planetary gear set like an open or floating axle/differential

The “variable part” comes from having two electric motors interacting on each planetaries to simulate gears (even though there are no gears, bands or chains)

Powertrains: 191-total horsepower, 2.5-liter gas four-cylinder and electric traction motor hybrid powertrain; 250-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder; continuously variable transmission (hybrid) or eight-speed automatic (EcoBoost); front- (hybrid, EcoBoost) or all-wheel drive (EcoBoost)

The Ecoboost Maverick doesn't have a transmission? They have both a hybrid and an ecoboost 4cyl version.
I doubt anyone will buy the ecobust

To say the hybrid “CVT” is akin to the ecobust is somewhat disengenious

A non-hybrid Maverick would need a granny stick shift with a NA motor or no sale

Might as well buy a Ranger or F150 if your looking for an ecobust

Obviously some will buy it as Ford does market research....there was certainly enough interest to offer a turbo powertrain. The Maverick is compact which as been missing from the market-- the Ranger is mid size. There will definitely be some demand for a 'regular' turbo powertrain Maverick. As the article above says, the hybrid has a CVT and the turbo has a traditional 8 speed auto, lol. The Ecoboost has been a runaway sales success for Ford in the F150, for those that have actually done their homework. 2/3 of the best selling vehicle in the U.S. (F150) have ecoboost engines.

I'm intrigued by the Maverick, I'd want the 2.0t and AWD to pull my boat. Since a lot of buyers will be put off by the hybrid (needlessly) I'm betting they'll sell a lot of both.

Back