2022 Corvette M1 ESP 0w40 and M1 ESPx3 0w40

I had been fighting silicon contamination from manufacturing (possibly dry sump) and had visible metals in the first change at 650 miles.

All is stabil now

20230228_081422.jpg

Are you sure the X3 isn’t the 8/6/22 sample? The add pack of that sample looks slightly different from the other three.

Are you sure the X3 isn’t the 8/6/22 sample? The add pack of that sample looks slightly different from the other three.

I definitely hear your question and get it but luckily I date and timestamp and take pictures of every single change on all the vehicles.

If it helps clear up confusion I've run tests with three different labs on the exact same oil on more than one occasion and found that they're generally off in the approximate 10% range from each other. Obviously no way to tell which one is accurate versus reliable.

That said if you look at the results through that lens of being 10% off they're all pretty darn similar as far as additive pack.

Probably the only thing I can say is that the ESP X3 held up better in viscosity than any of the others with more mileage on it

IMG_20220701_103229.jpg

IMG_20220701_112338.jpg

That's great content. Thanks for sharing. The 0-60 is pretty quick! The newer corvettes are awesome looking now (Mid engine). The older ones look dated now. 😅

Thanks brother yeah this one is a total sweetheart. Almost as easy as an Audi to drive fast. That run was in terrible air as well and in good air the car has probably an additional 40 horsepower on it. I've trapped 124 mph bone stock in the quarter. The rear end never tries to do murder. That is something I've grown to appreciate more in my 40s than I did in my twenties.

Thanks brother yeah this one is a total sweetheart. Almost as easy as an Audi to drive fast. That run was in terrible air as well and in good air the car has probably an additional 40 horsepower on it. I've trapped 124 mph bone stock in the quarter. The rear end never tries to do murder. That is something I've grown to appreciate more in my 40s than I did in my twenties.
The management of the axle of these cars is great with the power for sure.

Back