2021 Toyota Corolla sedan & hatch

Originally Posted by rob1715
I believe the hatchback is a rebadged Mazda 3. Everything else you mentioned is Toyota and will work just fine.

No. The Toyota yaris is a rebadged mazda2.

The Corolla hatchback seems very similar to the discontinued Lexus CT200h, aside from the drivetrain of course.

The 2.0L w/ eCVT is vastly superior to the 1.8L w/CVT.

I have driven a loaner for 1000k miles, a Lexus UX 200, which has the 2.0L configuration.

I would be driving a 2019 Corolla HB right now, but for the seriously deficient cargo area.

If you want the real winner, my 2019 Lexus UX 250h F-Sport with 60k miles is my recommendation.
The Hybrid adds AWD and an electric motor at the rear axle. it is quiet, silky smooth, peppy and efficient. all in one.

Regards.

Luckily you can still get a manual transmission with the Corolla hatchback.

The car is kind of ugly but it's good for a younger person with no kids.

Toyota hatchback has smallest cargo space in its class and is abysmally small. less space than subcompact. very poorly designed hatch. back seat space seemed cramped too based on competition. for this I had to pass

Originally Posted by rob1715
I believe the hatchback is a rebadged Mazda 3. Everything else you mentioned is Toyota and will work just fine.

NOPE, it's all Toyota/all Corolla.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yeah … I'd have to drop a fuel injected engine with a 6 speed auto in that … Nice though …

Not Needed. Heresy!

Originally Posted by dwcopple

Can only imagine trying to start, warm up, and drive that land yacht on a cold New Hampshire morn...

All the sudden, what we've be doing for decades is now impossible?

If you keep the choke working properly, and the factory air cleaner assembly - it's NO problem.

Plus, I'm retired and I'm not going anywhere in the cold NH morning
smile.gif

Man the world is getting soft as mush.

Sad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Can only imagine trying to start, warm up, and drive that land yacht on a cold New Hampshire morn...
If you keep the choke working properly, and the factory air cleaner assembly - it's NO problem. ...
True, except that maybe that ought to be past tense, as in "... what we were doing for decades is ...
People got to school and work reliably every day for decades in vehicles with chokes, both manual and automatic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CR94
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
If you keep the choke working properly, and the factory air cleaner assembly - it's NO problem. ...
True, except that maybe that ought to be past tense, as in "... what we were doing for decades is ...
People got to school and work reliably every day for decades in vehicles with chokes, both manual and automatic.

Yes and I recall there were plenty of instances where someone needed help to get going as well. It wasn't perfect back then but it was what we had. Trying to start a car using SAE 30 grade and a manual choke would work on a well maintained car but for those who slipped on the maintenance, well it would come back to bite them and usually in the winter too.

Back