2021 RX450h F Sport

I'll be happy with 35 mpg combined, for the road trips to Mammoth, etc.

As well as a better executed 7-passenger configuration (even if Toyota is a tad small compared to its competition), compared to the RX-L's rear seat which is no better than compact 7-passenger SUV's
The 3 row RX-L is a joke, IMO. In the std RX, the back seat can handle 2 average size adults and 1 child, at most.
If you need more passenger room, the RX ain't for you.

I'll be happy with 35 mpg combined, for the road trips to Mammoth, etc.

As well as a better executed 7-passenger configuration (even if Toyota is a tad small compared to its competition), compared to the RX-L's rear seat which is no better than compact 7-passenger SUV's

It wont get even close to 35MPG unless you are driving down the matterhorn.

Ws6 - what kind of performance are you looking for? my RX400h is pretty surprising in a roll on.

Ws6 - what kind of performance are you looking for? my RX400h is pretty surprising in a roll on.

Some people have been getting better than the rated mileage.. maybe they are driving downhill both ways?

Some people have been getting better than the rated mileage.. maybe they are driving downhill both ways?

Big difference between an i4 and the v6.

Big difference between an i4 and the v6.
I have a feeling that real-world mileage on the I4 hybrid is going to be high 20's/low 30's, especially in cold weather when the battery is less efficient. It is a fairly small powerplant that will need to be lead-footed if the driver is used to a higher level of power.

I have a feeling that real-world mileage on the I4 hybrid is going to be high 20's/low 30's, especially in cold weather when the battery is less efficient. It is a fairly small powerplant that will need to be lead-footed if the driver is used to a higher level of power.

yup.. Steady state 75 MPH cruising is probably mid 20's

Here is a interesting comparison. The new Mazda CX-9 has the same color leather ( probably the same supplier) but adds a two toned contrasting interior to go with it.

Here is a interesting comparison. The new Mazda CX-9 has the same color leather ( probably the same supplier) but adds a two toned contrasting interior to go with it.

Nice car. I'm sure a lot of buyers will love it.
I wonder what a SUV like this goes for, with incentives?

I dunno. My friends CX9 does fine, and my CX5 is down right sporty.

My CX5 is probably the absolute slowest vehicle I've owned that's actually made me happy with its performance. I'd honestly like 100whp or so more, to be blunt, but it has enough to keep me from getting totally bored.

C&D alleges my CX5 does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, and the quarter mile in 14.4@97mph. My personal experience with it is that this is likely very close to accurate.

My lifetime (62K miles) mpg hovers at 27.0. To get more performance, I'd have to give up some reliability and definitely some mpg. It's the most sensible intersection for ME.

Back