2021 Pan America 1250

Harley could save itself if it would just MODERNIZE the g'dam Sportster to have a handling-oriented suspension (without having to buy the uplevel 1200X or whatever it is that doesn't even have that great of a suspension for the price of the bike) and introduce at least oil cooling so it's not so hot, which women especially do not like.
The 900 CC Sporrtster is a mini bike for adults.

I've read and seen multiple reviews on the bike and they are all mixed to slightly positive. I think the bike is going to be better than most riders think. But when compared to a GS/GSA or a KTM1290... it will be found wanting. But honestly, I don't think HD will market heavily to true adventure riders, rather to the Harley crowd and they will get some takers.

The ADV segment is the hottest in motorcycling. With a good product and large dealer network, Harley can greatly improve their outlook with a good product. I hope for great success..

450 Honda CRF thats 245lbs lighter... lands like a feather compared to the ponderous Harley...
Curb Weight. 289 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)

012819top-i.jpg

2020-crf450l-red-650x380.png
That might be the stupidest comparison ever posted on the Internet. What next, Road Glide versus Ninja 300?

bike reminds me of my VFR1200X..... Instead of a V-Twin... my bike is a V4. It is about the same weight and capability.

r9alc5K.jpg

LfXf3P1.jpg

Not a fan personally. If I was looking into a big ADV bike I would take the KTM Super Adventure R @ 487lb and 160 HP.

Isn’t the VFR1200X north of 600 lbs by a bit with a manual tranny and a good bit with DCT? I really like the VFR1200X, I’ve seen you riding around the Palmer Lake/Monument area on Hwy 105 a few times. Looks good!

I visited my Harley dealer last week just to look at it and they invited me to take it for a spin. It was only ten miles and I wasn't able to venture off road but I was impressed.
1621543650570.png

It was the base model without the adaptive ride height feature but still had ride by wire, linked ABS, cruise, traction control and more at $18k.
1621543769106.png

The dealer was great too, answered all of my questions without being pushy. When the time comes to replace my GSA, the Panamerica will be on my shopping list.

Back