2021 Pan America 1250

Looks to have a lot of neat features, and 150 HP is a good amount of power for a bike like that.

As long as it is reliable enough to not break down in the middle of nowhere... that'd be my concern. These won't be staying on paved roads, where flatbeds can easily retrieve them all day long.

All the best to H-D on this one. They're to the point where they really need something to work for them.

^^^Ditto! I’m hoping Harley does well with the Pan Am and brings some of the young crowd into the fold! Americas first adv bike!

Mercy!!! landing a 534 pound bike off road will show up on the Richter Scale...
RichterScale3.jpg

The Honda Africa twin dct with 100 HP (50 HP less than the Harley Pan Am Special) weighs in at........550 lbs wet.

Last edited:
450 Honda CRF thats 245lbs lighter... lands like a feather compared to the ponderous Harley...
Curb Weight. 289 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)

012819top-i.jpg

2020-crf450l-red-650x380.png

I would not worry about it being reliable. My Harley is the most trouble free bike I have owned.

Melting Honda displays, horrid paint on Kawasakis, Ducati slave cylinders you change at each oil change.

And everyone knows Yamahas are afraid of water. :D

I have no idea how dense or biased you'd have to be to think a CRF450 is an adventure bike, but here we have a glimpse.

I can't wait to test ride this bike. It could be my retirement present to myself in the next few years when I retire. I've been riding Harleys all my life and I have no problem with the newer technologies incorporated into this machine. I'd avoid the first year or two for sure, as with any new vehicle there are always bugs to work out.

I rode the Buell. I liked it. But this beast with 150hp and the technology, sure looks to be leaps and bounds beyond the Buell.

Let's hope so... it's 11 years newer (than mine). Not comparing specs, just pointing out that the Uly was the first in the category described.

Looking forward to trying out the Harley.

Harley could save itself if it would just MODERNIZE the g'dam Sportster to have a handling-oriented suspension (without having to buy the uplevel 1200X or whatever it is that doesn't even have that great of a suspension for the price of the bike) and introduce at least oil cooling so it's not so hot, which women especially do not like.

Back