2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Try to buy an original Bronco, which is the idea behind the Sport. the original was better than the Jeepster, maybe better than the Scout. After seeing the review I would like one. People are into these vehicles now, good planning by Ford to diversify more. I like the old names coming back.

Try to buy an original Bronco, which is the idea behind the Sport. the original was better than the Jeepster, maybe better than the Scout. After seeing the review I would like one. People are into these vehicles now, good planning by Ford to diversify more. I like the old names coming back.
The original Bronco is the idea behind the "full size" Ranger based version that is due to maybe come out this summer, though rough styling cues, drivetrain orientation, and 4WD are really the only similarity.

The Sport is just a boxy small CUV Ford is putting the name on because it will sell.

The original Bronco is the idea behind the "full size" Ranger based version that is due to maybe come out this summer, though rough styling cues, drivetrain orientation, and 4WD are really the only similarity.

The Sport is just a boxy small CUV Ford is putting the name on because it will sell.
The original Bronco is not large. I had a 71 Jeepster Commando SC1 and wished I had the Bronco with the v8. Too bad I basically gave it away with 43k original and in perfect rust free condition. The Buick derived v6 was spritely enough though. The later Broncos were large, I had one of those too. Pretty decent vehicles but lost popularity, now it’s back again. A 96 Bronco in mint shape wouldn’t be bad to have around.

First version

1611422070138.jpeg

The original Bronco is not large. I had a 71 Jeepster Commando SC1 and wished I had the Bronco with the v8. Too bad I basically gave it away with 43k original and in perfect rust free condition. The Buick derived v6 was spritely enough though. The later Broncos were large, I had one of those too. Pretty decent vehicles but lost popularity, now it’s back again. A 96 Bronco in mint shape wouldn’t be bad to have around.

First version

View attachment 42052
That's why I put full size in quotes, it's not full size like an F-Series Bronco.

This is what's coming out this summer (maybe)...
1611431268232.png

It is body on frame, longitudinal drivetrain, largely Ranger based, and Ecoboost 2.3 I4 or 2.7 V6. This one is just called "Bronco," no Sport.

I know someone with a pre-order for a First Edition and am excited to see it, if it ever comes out. While I wish it was a little more business/comfort (like 90s models) and a little less Tonka truck, I am interested in a body on frame Ford SUV and might consider a steel wheel base model in a couple years. I'd change the wheels, but keep it as non-brodozer as possible.

1611432062227.png

Then again for the price, I could just get a real Bronco with some class...
1611432381535.png

I don't really think it is any different than other vehicles jumping platforms. The Expedition and Explorer were both originally based on the F-150 and Ranger before coming onto their own IRS platforms and now the Explorer is more like a CUV than the original Explorer SUV (there was of course Explorer as an F-150 trim at one point prior). The Blazer was a 1500 Chev until it moved downbody to the S15 and now it's a CUV. Let's not even get into the Jeep stuff, lol.

I don't really think it is any different than other vehicles jumping platforms. The Expedition and Explorer were both originally based on the F-150 and Ranger before coming onto their own IRS platforms and now the Explorer is more like a CUV than the original Explorer SUV (there was of course Explorer as an F-150 trim at one point prior). The Blazer was a 1500 Chev until it moved downbody to the S15 and now it's a CUV. Let's not even get into the Jeep stuff, lol.

I wonder what will happen as gas starts creeping back up. I already notice the fuel prices increasing in my area. Yeah, many people are working from home, but I still know a lot of people who aren't.

Kinda like Porsche stamping their name on an SUV. Face it, them selling an SUV saved the brand and allowed them to keep building 911's. So why not make the masses pay so you can make bank and keep building some cool things now and then.

My son made a deposit on a Sport … Area 51 color … he could not qualify for a loan on an upper Bronco.
I explained the difference and will swap him a day for my Rubicon if he’s nervous about taking it down to the coast.
… yesterday it was rutted up bad … but they’ll work on a section soon … it sure beats a car down there
… also gets decent MPG and power with the small turbo engine …

Last edited:
Bronco Sport is NOT AT ALL a Bronco. Ford is trying to capitalize on the Bronco name - nothing more. I think I heard thr Bronco Sport is 80% Escape. This is not a bad thing since the Escape seems to be a pretty well sorted vehicle. What the Escape lacks is any sort of off-road ability and fortunately the Bronco Sport is apparently designed for just that. In our area (north Idaho) the Escape doesn't have enough ground clearance to really warrant behind AWD, which ours is. More ground clearance and some real off-road ability would be much welcome IMO.
"I think I heard" is usually not a source for reliable or accurate information. But yes, the Bronco Sport shares quite a bit with the 2021 Escape. But here's more info: https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...S6TXmUSsm_RMsfCjofBaJ6VwVA3VwGSTXAEwAdfzVjVXU

Nice picture of the first gen and sixth gen 01RangerXL!

It shows me Ford was paying attention to the critical things in the newest Bronco. The gen 1 was okay, but really came into their own with better suspension and tires. Clearly the sixth gen has a lot of that built in.

Back