2021 Ford Bronco Sport

I never said it was the vehicles fault anyway. But whatever usually people are like this to me anyway. Everyone else believes me so I don’t see why you don’t

We might not believe you.. we just dont bring it up.

seriously at 5years old you saw all this and identified the vehicles??

Right enough said.

buddy had one with a 350 and toyota mini truck axles, super mountain goat. nothing could compete.

just don’t swerve hard you’re not gonna roll any 4 wheel drive, even a zuki on 37s lol

That would have been a snug fit!

You mean he didn't put sweet wheels on it like this?

1610504097857.jpg

Changed your story,first you said when you were 5-6 years old?!

Enough already.
Yes it was they identified it that’s how I know it was a bronco. Now you are making me really upset I never changed my story. I didn’t say I had identified it I said I know it was a Bronco II. I can’t believe you don’t believe me you and the other one were the only two who replied in doubt calling me a liar. I haven’t lied in awhile and never on a public forum nothing is made up. Please be nice.

• Wow
Reactions: 4WD
Oh I know that but anyone that’s ever wrecked one hasn’t made it out alive I’ve seen multiple of them wreck with no survivors. Of course if you don’t have a wreck then no issues. Sometimes the wreck was caused by others. My dad is a truck driver and back in 86 he seen a brand new one roll right in front of him on the interstate killed the lady instantly then another truck plowed into it and crushed it worse.

I just want to quote the IIHS to inject a bit of reality into this:
IIHS said:
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the rear-drive Bronco II's rollover-related death rate between 1986 and 1990 was 3.78 fatalities per 10,000 vehicles, compared to 1.74 for the four-wheel-drive Bronco II

They also say that 88% of those fatalities were from rollovers, so for the 2WD model that means 3.3 fatalities per 10,000 accidents were fatal rollovers.

So, assuming every single Bronco II you saw was 2WD, you would have had to see >10,000 of them roll-over to have seen ~4 of them fatal, statistically. You would have had to see even more if some of them were 4WD, which had roughly 1/2 the fatality rate.

One statistic (not the IIHS) pegs the total number of fatalities for Brono II rollovers at 260. They sold around 700,000 of them, so that's 1 fatal rollover per 2,692 vehicles, so going by that statistic, if you saw 4x fatal rollovers, you saw 10,770 Bronco II's. But that's then buggered up by the fatality rate and the fact that not all collisions are going to yield rollovers let alone not all rollovers were going to yield fatalities.

One more recent statistic pegs the total number of deaths at 800, which means 1 death per 875 vehicles. So you'd have to see 3,500 Bronco II's with a mind boggling number of them being in accidents to yield the number of fatal rollovers you claimed to have witnessed.

Put another way, let's say 20,000 Bronco II's made it to the state of Virginia. That means in total, there were, from 1984 until now, 23 people in Virginia that died in the Bronco II. That's less than 1 person a year; a little more than one person every two years. If you saw 4 of them, you personally witnessed 17% of the total fatalities in that vehicle in that state. Do you think that's likely?

I just want to quote the IIHS to inject a bit of reality into this:

They also say that 88% of those fatalities were from rollovers, so for the 2WD model that means 3.3 fatalities per 10,000 accidents were fatal rollovers.

So, assuming every single Bronco II you saw was 2WD, you would have had to see >10,000 of them roll-over to have seen ~4 of them fatal, statistically. You would have had to see even more if some of them were 4WD, which had roughly 1/2 the fatality rate.

One statistic (not the IIHS) pegs the total number of fatalities for Brono II rollovers at 260. They sold around 700,000 of them, so that's 1 fatal rollover per 2,692 vehicles, so going by that statistic, if you saw 4x fatal rollovers, you saw 10,770 Bronco II's. But that's then buggered up by the fatality rate and the fact that not all collisions are going to yield rollovers let alone not all rollovers were going to yield fatalities.

One more recent statistic pegs the total number of deaths at 800, which means 1 death per 875 vehicles. So you'd have to see 3,500 Bronco II's with a mind boggling number of them being in accidents to yield the number of fatal rollovers you claimed to have witnessed.

Put another way, let's say 20,000 Bronco II's made it to the state of Virginia. That means in total, there were, from 1984 until now, 23 people in Virginia that died in the Bronco II. That's less than 1 person a year; a little more than one person every two years. If you saw 4 of them, you personally witnessed 17% of the total fatalities in that vehicle in that state. Do you think that's likely?
No I mean it’s possible. Used to see lots around when I was a kid I do know that especially baby blue ones I always noticed since that was my favorite color. But nothing I said was false.

Yes it was they identified it that’s how I know it was a bronco. Now you are making me really upset I never changed my story. I didn’t say I had identified it I said I know it was a Bronco II. I can’t believe you don’t believe me you and the other one were the only two who replied in doubt calling me a liar. I haven’t lied in awhile and never on a public forum nothing is made up. Please be nice.

I don't think you are "lying". I think you are faithfully regurgitating what was told to you and simply assumed it to be fact, when in reality it may have been the subject of hyperbole and confirmation bias (Bronco II's always roll, there's a rollover, that's a Bronco II).

It's a bit like some of the other stuff you've gotten into disagreements with people on here about. Always changing all the wheel bearings for example, push button starts have high failure rates, I'd bring up Lucas, but you seem to have come around on that one. Sometimes what we've been "taught" or what we've been "told" is simply an extension of somebody else's bias or belief system. When those people are close to us and/or respected elders we tend not to second-guess them. My grandfather didn't know anything about engine oil, but, when I was a young buck and he told me to use a specific grade, I did, because I assumed he was right and had no reason to think otherwise. He was a learned engineer with extensive experience, I was a kid. I eventually started 2nd guessing things and researching stuff for myself and that kinda realigned me on the concept of knowledge and wisdom and how we perceive them.

No I mean it’s possible. Used to see lots around when I was a kid I do know that especially baby blue ones I always noticed since that was my favorite color. But nothing I said was false.

I don't really think it's possible for one person in a state of 8.5 million people to have witnessed say 17% of the fatal accidents in one model of vehicle, particularly given a good portion of the total figure likely happened before he was born. ;)

I honestly believe you have complete faith in the truth of what you've presented here. That doesn't make it factual though, from a statistical or numerical standpoint, which is why people are finding it a bit amusing.

We were all a bit naive when we were young. Now most of us here are old(er) and jaded, lol. You'll figure it out.

I don't think you are "lying". I think you are faithfully regurgitating what was told to you and simply assumed it to be fact, when in reality it may have been the subject of hyperbole and confirmation bias (Bronco II's always roll, there's a rollover, that's a Bronco II).

It's a bit like some of the other stuff you've gotten into disagreements with people on here about. Always changing all the wheel bearings for example, push button starts have high failure rates, I'd bring up Lucas, but you seem to have come around on that one. Sometimes what we've been "taught" or what we've been "told" is simply an extension of somebody else's bias or belief system. When those people are close to us and/or respected elders we tend not to second-guess them. My grandfather didn't know anything about engine oil, but, when I was a young buck and he told me to use a specific grade, I did, because I assumed he was right and had no reason to think otherwise. He was a learned engineer with extensive experience, I was a kid. I eventually started 2nd guessing things and researching stuff for myself and that kinda realigned me on the concept of knowledge and wisdom and how we perceive them.
Funny story is I actually talked my dad out of putting Lucas in his power steering pump since the input shaft seal was leaking he asked why not since YouTube mechanics say it’s good and I showed him and he still doubts and claims people are just biased and then claims how if Scotty likes it he likes it and it must be good lol 😂.

Funny story is I actually talked my dad out of putting Lucas in his power steering pump since the input shaft seal was leaking he asked why not since YouTube mechanics say it’s good and I showed him and he still doubts and claims people are just biased and then claims how if Scotty likes it he likes it and it must be good lol 😂.

If it's a Ford, Maxlife ATF may slow or stop the leak and still has the proper viscosity and additive chemistry that's expected for the unit, FWIW. Of course the proper fix is to replace the seal ;)

If it's a Ford, Maxlife ATF may slow or stop the leak and still has the proper viscosity and additive chemistry that's expected for the unit, FWIW. Of course the proper fix is to replace the seal ;)
Yes going to tackle the seal tomorrow he had to work today. It gave me time to get the special installer tool for it so we don’t tap it in too far. It’s a 2000 Freightliner Classic his workhorse as he calls it lol.

When does the MegaBronco and MegaBroncoSport come out? Otherwise, won't even bother looking!

So we got a few Sports in. No-one in parts or service is impressed. Even our female front counterperson is like "eh I'd rather have a Tahoe". All my friends say they wouldn't buy one but their wives might.

To me when I think Bronco I think of either the OJ chase, or my friend launching his 78 Bronco off a dune at Pismo Beach 20+ feet in the air with only a seatbealt on the driver's seat and the whole thing full of us idiots.

Back