2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport is NOT AT ALL a Bronco. Ford is trying to capitalize on the Bronco name - nothing more. I think I heard thr Bronco Sport is 80% Escape. This is not a bad thing since the Escape seems to be a pretty well sorted vehicle. What the Escape lacks is any sort of off-road ability and fortunately the Bronco Sport is apparently designed for just that. In our area (north Idaho) the Escape doesn't have enough ground clearance to really warrant behind AWD, which ours is. More ground clearance and some real off-road ability would be much welcome IMO.

I don't really think it is any different than other vehicles jumping platforms. The Expedition and Explorer were both originally based on the F-150 and Ranger before coming onto their own IRS platforms and now the Explorer is more like a CUV than the original Explorer SUV (there was of course Explorer as an F-150 trim at one point prior). The Blazer was a 1500 Chev until it moved downbody to the S15 and now it's a CUV. Let's not even get into the Jeep stuff, lol.

I don't really think it is any different than other vehicles jumping platforms. The Expedition and Explorer were both originally based on the F-150 and Ranger before coming onto their own IRS platforms and now the Explorer is more like a CUV than the original Explorer SUV (there was of course Explorer as an F-150 trim at one point prior). The Blazer was a 1500 Chev until it moved downbody to the S15 and now it's a CUV. Let's not even get into the Jeep stuff, lol.
Yeah, at this point I'm used to it, especially from Ford, and now GM is doing the same. It's still just weird that a "Bronco" is going to have Escape underpinnings. The Mustang's time is coming with the new electric CUV thing...that's even better than calling the Probe a Mustang.

It's kind of funny how the Bronco II was a straight up TTB Ranger with almost no effort made to hide that and Ford was all like "this compact utility is great for the little lady to get groceries in," and now they take a FWD car and put "Badlands" decals on it and tell people it can go through rocks and mud.

Yeah, at this point I'm used to it, especially from Ford, and now GM is doing the same. It's still just weird that a "Bronco" is going to have Escape underpinnings. The Mustang's time is coming with the new electric CUV thing...that's even better than calling the Probe a Mustang.

It's kind of funny how the Bronco II was a straight up TTB Ranger with almost no effort made to hide that and Ford was all like "this compact utility is great for the little lady to get groceries in," and now they take a FWD car and put "Badlands" decals on it and tell people it can go through rocks and mud.
I agree. I was once the a big Ford fan, sadly the love wore off a few years back. I had high hopes of possibly buying a Bronco and becoming a fan again. As it stands now I wouldn't waste my time test driving one.

Couple of things, this should have been the new Escape IMO. However, since Ford has done a car-like Escape in lieu of offering cars...I get it. I get a slight Honda Element vibe from the rear boxiness and this is pretty interesting. But the real Bronco is what most of us want to see.

This is just a "ruggedized" Escape...it even looks like a 2008-2012 2nd Gen Escape.

Then you consider it has a standard 3-cylinder engine (4 cylinder is optional), and the fact that prices can approach $40K for the higher trims?

These will sell well for the next 6-8 months, then like any other small SUV it will have some decent incentives slapped on it as inventory piles up and people realize it is nothing more than an all-weather run-about.

Bronco Sport is NOT AT ALL a Bronco. Ford is trying to capitalize on the Bronco name - nothing more. I think I heard thr Bronco Sport is 80% Escape. This is not a bad thing since the Escape seems to be a pretty well sorted vehicle. What the Escape lacks is any sort of off-road ability and fortunately the Bronco Sport is apparently designed for just that. In our area (north Idaho) the Escape doesn't have enough ground clearance to really warrant behind AWD, which ours is. More ground clearance and some real off-road ability would be much welcome IMO.
+1

Ford Escape, Bronco edition. :ROFLMAO:

There's just not a big enough market anymore for what used to be a Bronco, Blazer, old Landcruiser, etc. No offense to anyone but look at the typical Jeep owner these days. He/she thinks approach angle is something to do with dating.

It is akin to that ugly trash heap from Ford called the Bronco II.
The Bronco II was a solid, real Ford truck. Radius arm bushing part # is same as an F-250. The Bronco Sport is a car masquerading as an off road vehicle. Regardless of what you think of the Bronco II's looks, it was at least more capable than it looked rather than the other way around.

If I get a new "full size" Bronco (if they ever come out?), I'm finding some 89-90 Bronco II badges to put on it.

The Bronco II was a solid, real Ford truck. Radius arm bushing part # is same as an F-250. The Bronco Sport is a car masquerading as an off road vehicle. Regardless of what you think of the Bronco II's looks, it was at least more capable than it looked rather than the other way around.
I agree. But everyone I know who has crashed one hasn’t made it so they are dangerous in that aspect because I wanted either one of the original or II and my parents said absolutely not for that reason.

Back