2021 Audi Q3 Inspection due light

So the wife owns a 2021 Audi Q3. It is at 20,000 miles. I just did the second oil change on it. There is also a 20,000 mile inspection due. When I reset the oil reminder the inspection light doesn't reset. I checked the inspection list and 95% of it is a visual inspection. I will be performing the inspection this weekend. But I cannot find a DIY procedure to reset the inspection light. Best I can tell is that we need to set up a service at Audi which is less than convenient. Is there anyone on here that has the knowledge on this car that can lead me to a method of resetting this light without going to the dealer and paying at least a one hour labor charge to do a two minute job? Thanks

Don

You'll probably have to use an OBDII tool, if there isn't any way to reset it through the instrument cluster.

Just ordered the OBDEleven through ECS. Hopefully I am smart enough to figure how to use it. Thanks all

Don
You should be fine.

I think there is an inspection reset in the "apps" section, or you can go to Module 17 (instruments) and select adaptation, then choose the channel you want to reset yourself.

The true king, but not as user friendly IMO. I've been using VCDS for a decade+ but reach for OBDEleven for simple scans and coding.

I do wish they would get a guided reset on mobile for the service light. On mobile you have to go into adaptations, but from the computer you can just use the guided reset.

No experience with OBDEleven.

You will be good with OBD11 and then wait til you start seeing what else you can do with it. On my VW I was thrilled to find that you can remove the STUPID radio menu adjustment lock out that happens while you are moving...
Sounds like this purchase pays for itself...

You will be good with OBD11 and then wait til you start seeing what else you can do with it. On my VW I was thrilled to find that you can remove the STUPID radio menu adjustment lock out that happens while you are moving...
Sounds like this purchase pays for itself...

So many great changes you can make.

I've made plenty to the the Touareg. Off the top of my head:

1. Remove the seat belt warning
2. Turn off the hids for DRL function
3. Use the infotainment while moving
4. Dynaudio EQ
5. Cayenne shift logic
6. Current gear display
7. Steering angle display
8. Amber turn signals
9. Welcome home though fog lights
10. Tear wipe
11. "5 brake light" mod

Update. Got the OBDEleven and hooked it up. It isn't very easy to figure out for the computer illiterate like myself. But I searched and searched and finally found where I needed to be. Changed a value and the light is off and ereset for another 20,000 miles. Thanks all

Don

Back