2019 Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like... FREEWAY FORD! I strongly encourage anyone local to stay away from that dealer. My coworker was practically throwing them cash to find him a loaded Platinum with the 5.0 and they just blew him off.

He ended up going to Auto Nation. They found him exactly what he wanted at the price that was right. Freeway lost a $45k sale. In cash.

My shop also cut all ties with Freeway. We use Midway Ford for all our parts now.

On the flip side, nice truck! Does it have the massive tablet screen in the dash? I saw them at the auto show last year, what a machine. Great purchase!

Last edited:
You are correct! To this second, no reply or acknowledgement that I asked about the F150 even though they have no idea that I got a different truck or not.. their loss.

No big screen - the dealer I used has a Limited version that has the giant screen in the middle, but I have the UConnect with the 8.4" screen. That is still bigger (it seems, maybe?) than the one in my former Explorer.

I like it - I am already planning to buy it after the lease because my end of lease purchase price is attractive. By then, the 2008 will have died and been dragged out of the yard and I'll need another new one
smile.gif
. My old one does have 248000 miles on it, give or take. It's still going strong as much as a 4.7 V8 can.

Thanks all!

You did well; beautiful truck.
The Ford dealership just makes me scratch my head.
You were a loyal returning customer, with cash!
This year we bought 2 Lexus'. The 2nd time we were welcomed back and offered a deal too good to pass up.

That Ford dealership is digging their own grave.
Enjoy you new RAM!

I am in the area between Bemidji and Park Rapids - I've tried to work with the local auto dealers here, but they are pretty much "sole source" and they know it. I buy my new or new-to-me cars from dealers or sellers in the Twin Cities area.

I'm not from here (I'm from the metro (aka the "Cities") by way of Phoenix, AZ).

Trucks are the norm up here - most everyone has one, or is going to get one. :)

I tried buying a 2019 RAM Crew Cab prior to purchasing my new 2018 Silverado about two months ago. I had an issue-and no one seemed interested in doing the foot work to solve it. I needed the towing package-and the towing package comes standard with large mirrors that stick out and the vehicle wouldn't fit in my garage (next to my wife's car) with those mirrors. So my question(s) were-Could the towing package be ordered with the standard mirrors? OR-if not then what would be the cost to change out the mirrors and whatever wiring harness changes it requires?

No answers-they lost the sale.

Last edited:
Enjoy your new Ram. Looks nice.

Had a similar experience with that exact dealer - they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, but had no interest in helping anyone find it either. I've not heard anything great from anyone about them...

Apple Ford has done allright on sales to me and my family. I bought my last truck (2016 F150) from Belzers in New Prague as they truly had a price that nobody else could touch on the same truck. The sale was fine, but afterwords, meh...

Originally Posted by CKN
I tried buying a 2019 RAM Crew Cab prior to purchasing my new 2018 Silverado about two months ago. I had an issue-and no one seemed interested in doing the foot work to solve it. I needed the towing package-and the towing package comes standard with large mirrors that stick out and the vehicle wouldn't fit in my garage (next to my wife's car) with those mirrors. So my question(s) were-Could the towing package be ordered with the standard mirrors? OR-if not then what would be the cost to change out the mirrors and whatever wiring harness changes it requires?

No answers-they lost the sale.

That is an odd one. Dealers seem to not like modifying new vehicles that come with a set of options that aren't perfect for the client.

I would have to assume that the mounting and even the wiring for the trailer tow mirrors is the same as the standard mirrors. It wouldn't make sense to change all that for sake of assembly ease. However, getting their hands on a brand new set of standard mirrors may have been expensive if not impossible being that the trucks just came out.

Congrats on the truck. I got a new F-150 in Feb and it would have been a tough choice if the 2019 Rams were out then. The Ford dealer didn't want your business and the Ram dealer did.

A few of my co-workers always go to Wolf Motors in Jordan MN for their trucks (quite a hike for you). I've dealt with Apple Valley Ford a few times and they were decent. Good luck with the new ride!

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Nice choice in PU's. I'd take a Ram over any of the current Ford or GM PU offerings.

Same here

Congrats on the new truck! I own a 2016 RAM Limited and love it. I will look at another RAM when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back